Zibalianja Camp in Linyati

May 3rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Zibalianja Camp in Linyati

I just noticed that Zibalianja Camp is now listed on Wilderness Safaris website.

I have heard that this is an excellent camp from an agent that I met last year in Zambia (he listed it as his very favorite safari camp, and he had been to dozens all over Southern Africa).

This camp had formerly belonged to Linyati Explorations but I don't know what the status of Linyati Explorations is now. They did have another camp named Selinda but I don't know the status of this camp (it doesn't show up under Wilderness Safari's camps).

Linyati Trail's website did show 2005 rates of being a relatively reasonable $505 USD pppns for each of its camps, but now that Zibalianja has changed hands, I don't know what the rates will look like for next year.

Has any Fodorite ever stayed at Zibalianja, and if so, what were your impressions?

It is worth noting that the tents have just been upgraded.
May 3rd, 2005, 04:20 PM

I don't know about this camp, but was wondering if you know much about Wilderness Safaris. Their website doesn't give U.S. tour operators to book through. They seem like a great company but I can't find HOW to book with them.
May 3rd, 2005, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

kimatl,

I have extensively researched Botswana pricing in the past and I do have a couple very good contacts for Botswana and the rest of Southern Africa.

I prefer not to endorse agents on this board, but if you like, e-mail me at [email protected] and I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

Having the right agent is KEY to having the best safari experience possible.
May 3rd, 2005, 05:33 PM

kimatl,

Wilderness is one of the most highly regarded safari companies and is sold widely by many reputable US Africa agents that book throughout Southern Africa.

I've stayed at numerous Wilderness camps and have 5 booked at present. These camps are mentioned constantly in glowing terms on this board.
May 3rd, 2005, 10:48 PM
mv

Rocco

the area is Linyanti (not Linyati)
The camps (Selinda and Zibalianja) has just been taken over by the Jouberts (see previous threads) and I believe that they have always had a strong affiliation wit Wilderness Safaris.
I have not been but I have heard good things about them.
They are supposed to have good Leopard sightings and often they have Wild Dogs denning (except last year)

Search this Thread