Search

Zanzibar or Safari

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zanzibar or Safari

I'm going to Tanzania in late Sept to do a climb of Kilimanjaro. After I finish the climb I'll have about 5 days left over in country. Should I do a safari or should I go to Zanzibar and relax? Normally I'd say safari is no brainer however, it's my understanding that the migration will not be in Tanzania at that time. So is it worth seeing the game that will be around (and I'm sure there will be some stuff) or should I just go to the beach? If I do the safari I've been told to spend a day at Lake Manyara (Kirurumu), two days in Serengeti (Mbuzi Mawe) and a day at Ngorongoro (Serena).

Thanks.
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 05:47 AM
santharamhari

If you opt to go on safari....Northern serengeti may be a better option for you. Kliens, migration camp etc., even if you miss the herds, there is still plenty of resident game including all the big cats.....

Hari

Old Jun 17th, 2006, 05:50 AM

Hi mipmoopy,
Go on safari. It’s always worth it.
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 08:03 AM

Both option are interesting

Zanzibar if you want to relax for a few days after climbing Kili ( also less expensive)

About safari , the migration will be in masai Mara not in serengeti ;but if you choose parks like N'gorongoro , Tarangire, Manyara , you will have no problem with viewing animals whitch are permanent there . It's not absolutely necessary to go to serengeti !

I whish you a great experience, espacialy for the Kili climbing !

Chinook
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 02:27 PM
sandi

It would be a mini-safari, but you can drive to Tarangire for 2-days. There is a mini-migration at Tarangire till end October (sometimes even longer) with herds of elephants, zebra, antelope, plenty or predators and the amazing baobab landscape.

If ending in Kili, the drive is about 3-hrs. On the return it's 2-hrs to Arusha where you can catch a flight to ZNZ for the beach, the last 3-days.