Winelands Tours?

Aug 1st, 2005, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Winelands Tours?

Has anyone been on a tour of the winelands around Franschoek and Stellenbosch with this company? Positive or negative reviews? Any other suggestions for a tour guide or tour company for a tour?

Thanks!
Aug 1st, 2005, 08:54 PM

zpenci,

Tour company name??

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa
Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

=-)

Apparently the name of the company is "Winelands Tours", or at least that's what my hotel (Le Quartier Francais) tells me. They quoted me a price of R480/person for a full day private tour, which, to be honest, is less than I was planning on spending. I know price does not always equal quality, but it made me wonder how qualified the guide the company assigned me would be. Do you have any other recommendations for tour guides? I'm trying to book something for August 8th.
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:39 AM

zpenci,

You are obviously looking to start your tour in Franschhoek and with that said I know of no tourguides whom I could recommend who would do this as it would mean that you would need to have a guide who lives in Franschhoek or its surrounds to tour you.

My opinion is that if "Wineland Tours" are taking you around and they have qualified guides in their employ you should not have a problem. Furthermore I highly doubt if LQF would make a recommendation to you that would not be of a good standard.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:22 AM

Try Rainbow Tours. We used them, with Bruno as our guide, two weeks ago and had a wonderful day.
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:16 PM

I agree with Selwyn's advise -- when you get there you will see how easy it is to get around the area, and how many people know each other and their reputations in these small towns (Franschoek is delightlfully "small") are important to their business and future! If the hotel recommended the group, they should probably be wonderful. I'd go with them if I were in your shoes. (And that is a pretty reasonable cost...besides you'll probably find yourself buying some wine, too!) I hope they include L'Ormarins in your tour, as well as Rust n Vrede -- we thought both were quite lovely (and the wines very very good!)

Search this Thread