Widerness Lodges

Jun 16th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Original Poster
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 84
Widerness Lodges

Due to international flight issues, my family ended up having to move our entire trip up a week so now we are going to be in Botswana beginning of May versus mid may. Not a big deal but we had to change 2 of our 3 camps and our Livingston hotel due to availability.

Originally: Royal Livingston - Duma Tau - Vumbura N - Chiefs
Now: Victoria Falls - Kings Pool - Jao Camp - Chiefs

Being able to get to and from the United States had to be first priority but reading reviews I feel like we might have been happier before. We are also going to Singita at the beginning of the trip as well.

Is this still good choices?
chitowntraveler is offline  
Jun 17th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,657
Where are you staying in Vic Falls? We really loved the Zimbabwe side, as the falls views from there are best. I think you will love your camps. We have stayed at Wilderness Camps before and they are pretty wonderful, no matter where they are located. I loved the Okavango Delta. Really beautiful.
uhoh_busted is offline  
Jun 25th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 22,044
Could you be more specific about your concern?

Would you mind sharing about the flight issues? I have a trip planned for next May (all camps booked) but have not yet booked flights from the US.
ekscrunchy is offline  
Jun 25th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,080
Ekscrunchy, your 07 TR was critical in planning our first SA trip in 09, now hoping for another trip to Africa soon, hopefully Botswana around the same time period. Do you mind telling us where you are staying?
FromDC is offline  
Jun 26th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Original Poster
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 84
ekschrunchy, we wanted to fly on saver miles and it is just very difficult to get them since they are limited. And we are 3 people which made it even tougher. So when we ended up moving our dates we lost some lodges.
chitowntraveler is offline  
Jun 28th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 22,044
DC: Of course! I actually had everything booked for this year (mid-late May) but had to cancel due to medical issues with travel partner, and was lucky enough to get the same camps for next year at around same time. (Again, I can thank my wonderful agent, Liesl Matthews, at Southern Destinations for being so understanding and helpful on this)

(Very disappointed with the trip insurance agency, AXA, as they would not allow me to do the change since I bought the policy 25 months before the new planned departure date and their limit is 24 months. Happily, I had not yet bought the airline tickets so did not lose anything there)

Fly from NYC to J'Burg; stay in J'burg for 3 nights.

Vumbura Plains, Zarafa, Little Mombo

Have not yet booked flights but will do that soon; have to decide whether to go on KLM via AMS and maybe stay a night or two in AMS, or to try SAA.
ekscrunchy is offline  
Jun 28th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,080
Thank you, we used Leisl on your recommendation and thought she was terrific. Glad to know she is still in the business.
FromDC is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Africa & the Middle East
Dec 7th, 2014 09:50 PM
Africa & the Middle East
Mar 30th, 2010 05:44 AM
Africa & the Middle East
Nov 15th, 2009 11:39 AM
Africa & the Middle East
Oct 8th, 2009 05:09 PM
Africa & the Middle East
Oct 11th, 2005 10:00 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:09 AM.