Search

Safari Photos

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safari Photos

After seeing all these great photos and coincidentally having to organize and categorize all of my slides i thought it would be neat to digitize one of every animal i have a photo of from Southern Africa. these are by no means the best individual photos we have of any particular animal or bird. i just wanted to get fairly clear shots sort of like my own animal/bird ID book. hehe. unfortunately, there are plenty of animals (bushbuck, bushbaby and honey badger to name a few) and tons of different birds that we saw but didnt get a photo of and still others i think i got a photo of but cant find currently but this is what ive come up with so far. hopefully it will remain a work in progress for years to come. let me know if the link doesnt work and any comments would be appreciated. thx. http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...p;sort_order=0
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 06:13 PM

bigcountry-
The link worked fine. Thanks for sharing your photos. They're great. If you've got any more of the wild dogs, I'd love for you to include them.

I am curious to know how you digitized your slides. Did you use a scanner to load them on a disc? Or did you scan them directly to the computer?
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

hi divewop, i have a hewlett packard home scanner (nothing fancy). it comes with a slide adapter so i just scan them in and they are saved to the pc. in terms of wild dogs. i have a bunch more pics but most of them havent been digitized. maybe if i get a free evening i'll scan them in and post them to ofoto. i've been able to see them at kings pool and also up in kwando.
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 08:55 PM

Thanks, that's fun to see them all identified like that. Great leopard and wild dog photos!
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 05:47 AM

Thanks, its great to see the variety of animals and birds. Great aardwold photo -- I saw one in Savuti Camp but was too slow with my camera.
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 10:09 AM

I have waited awhile hoping I could do this myself that is getting photoes up. We have our own account with afoto is this the problem?? I have bothered both Roccoco and Ruthie already and feel I must have lost IT!! If it is my problem please explain or otherwise send your link to a grateful [email protected] PS Is hotmail the problem?? Any help??
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 10:28 AM

No need for a field guide on my journey, just need to take your photos!!
Excellent!!! Really like the colors and over composition of your cheetah shot!!

Thanks for sharing
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 12:30 AM

Hi everyone, I took a look at that photo page. Some nice shots there. Yes,yes, take many many pics. Never can have enough film. People think I'm nuts bringing with me 100 plus rolls of film.
But I love my SLR PENTAX CAM.
Anywys, if anyone is interested in checking out a few more pics. Here is a link:
http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/1e53c/
I shall be bringing about 110 rolls with me this SEPT. Wished I had realized for my ZIMBABWE trip in 1999.
Cheers, David