Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Whose business class is more comfortable?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 1997, 09:52 AM
Joe Oringel

I am planning a trip to Tel Aviv and have the option of flying Austrian Airways, Air France, or SwissAir, based on Delta Frequent Flyer Miles. Why would I pick one of these vs. the other. The schedules are about the same. Any advice on whose is more comfortable in business class? Thx.

Old Dec 27th, 1997, 10:27 AM
M.M.

Just get on any plane. They're all the same generally speaking. You know, rude, terrible food, unprofessional. You're in a flying tube. It makes no difference where you sit. First, business or coach, it's all the same. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Just go and have a good time, while being glad you made it there in the first place.

Old Jan 3rd, 1998, 08:08 AM
WJH

Don't listen to idiots that think Coach class is the same as Business or First class. It is not. Long flights can become agonizing in Coach Class, especially if you are a large person. My very recent experiences, on international flights in both Business and Coach class, have rule out any further travel in Coach class, on such long flights.

The new, wonderful, spacious, almost total horizontal reclining seats in Business Class on a trans Atlantic U.S.Air flight were especially welcomed after spending seven and one half hours on an inter continental ( Africa to Europe ) Air France flight in Coach Class. Never Again.

I like to travel and arrive as reasonably refreshed as possible, not bedragled and dead tired, not withstanding time differences. My credo from now on is, Business Class or better, only. Life is too short to do it any other way, if you have the means.

Old Jan 6th, 1998, 12:47 AM
C Jones

I dont think the other people answering have understood your question.Without any doubt the general service level and comfort on Swissair is the best. Especially comfortable are their MD11 machines. Air France is also very good the food, of course, is excellent in business class, but Swissair are somewhat more efficient and tend to keep their schedules. I fly both airlines quite frequently, 150 travel days a year, so I believe I am giving you an honest opinion.

Old May 3rd, 1998, 02:57 PM
G.A

I disagree with M.M. The flight is a big part of any trip, and I know I enjoy and look forward to flying, regardless of what class. It's not just a way to get from point A to point B. It's an experience

Old May 3rd, 1998, 03:06 PM
G.A

I disagree with M.M. The flight is a big part of any trip, and I know I enjoy and look forward to flying, regardless of what class. It's not just a way to get from point A to point B. It's an experience