Wanna see some pyramids

Jun 9th, 2000, 11:10 AM
Michelle Louis

Wanna see some pyramids

I'm an archeology, dusty traveling kind of gal and my husband is a bit of the type who says "lets' find a nice clean gas station." Some role reversal going on here. Anyhoo, he saw a Fox show with the mummies and the gold and the pyramids and is finally gung-ho to forego our usual European trip and go ride some camels in Cairo this year. He's kind of afraid of foreign accommodations (???) and wants someplace where we can soak our feet. If anybody can tell me what's out there, let me know…

-Michelle-

Jun 13th, 2000, 08:46 AM
cb

There are the Sheratons and Hiltons in Cairo - and other hotel chains that are like anywhere else in the world that will make you feel like you're back in your home country.

Jun 14th, 2000, 08:28 AM
dick

Sounds like your husband is quite the neat freak. when I go for visits, I noticed the majority of well known hotels tend to be sheratons. why, I don't know. go to their website (probably sheraton.com) and see if there are any particularly close to the sphinx, etc. I've been to cairo a lot in the cheapy places and have never had a problem. but if he must "soak his feet" I'm sure one of the sheratons will cover him on that.

Jun 25th, 2000, 11:03 AM
Bill

Michelle
Your partner will be impressed with the Conrad Hilton. I had the same problem with the need for comfortable accommodations in Cairo with my family.
The hotel is about a year old ask for a room overlooking the pool above the 9th floor( traffic noise) all over Cairo.
There are three Hiltons in Cairo and we found this to be less expensive as they were still becoming known. We did ask for a lower rate and received one. Your partner will like the nice marbble bathrooms. You are downtown close to all the attractions and a cab ride away from all the rest. Have fun the people are very special and kind hearted if treated with common respect.
He will love the pyramids and make sure you go on a Nile cruise, he will be pampered and shown the wonders of Egypt
Bill

Jun 26th, 2000, 06:44 AM
Ashley

In Cairo, we stayed at the Mena House Oberoi. Its at the foot of the pyramids (literally)! Its 10 minutes from the pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx (and camels!) but gives you all of the comforts of home. Egypt is awesome! Happy travels.

Search this Thread