Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help! I need info on Morocco and Marrakesh!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 1998, 06:40 PM
Karyn

My husband and I may be traveling to Marrakesh in mid November. Is this a good time to travel? What are some of the sites we should see. We will probably be there for a week. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 2nd, 1998, 09:59 AM
Rosie

use a fanny pack and put it inside your clothes. Watch for little ones who will climb all over you and steal you blind. <BR>You can't eat the food or drink the water, although the olives looked beautiful we wouldn't touch them. <BR>Very dirty, crowded casbahs, no AC,....no, we wouldn't go back. <BR>The ferry we crossed on was a nightmare, filthy!

Old Jul 5th, 1998, 03:54 PM
satokuwa

hallo! <BR>If you are interested in medhina(old city),I recomend Fes to visit than Marr. <BR>The Funa square was ok, but,I think 3 days is enough for Marr.There are many <BR>attractive cities other than Marr. <BR>have a nice trip.

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 09:02 AM
M R Bell

Can anyone recommend a ferry from Spain to Tangiers?

Old Aug 5th, 1998, 08:28 AM
Bob Kisch

Ferries to Morrocco leave from Malaga, 7 1/2 hours at sea to Ceuta, or from Algeciras close by Gibraltar, a 2 hour ride to Tangier. As a tourist, be aware and careful! Read the other's comments! You might get ferry info from www.tourspain.es I know they give bus info to Morrocco. Or go with a tour from Spain, perhaps the hotel can set you up with such, or steer you to such a tour. <BR>

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 02:39 AM
Sharon

Marrakesh is a very lovely city: noisy, crowded and colourful.I strongly recommend a visit to the Djeema-El-Fnaa, the main square, especially by night. Also recommended is a visit to the Qutoubia mosque and the Bahia Palace.Try to arrange yourself a dinner show at the Fantasia - a bit touristic but very nice, and a 1 day tour to Essaouira - a Portoguese settlement by the sea. Have a nice trip.