Turkey / Pacha Tours

Mar 30th, 1998, 04:49 PM
B.Wolfe

Turkey / Pacha Tours

Looking for someone who has taken any of the tours of Turkey done by Pacha. They have a super value Western Turkey 17 day trip which looks like a really nice package. Three meals a day, all tours, three and four star hotels and no extra charges! There are no extra charges for anything except tips for the guide. Let me know what you thought of their packages.

Barry

Apr 11th, 1998, 08:46 AM
phil

Barry, I am planning to use Pacha for the same tour package in September. A friend of mine used Pacha 2 years ago. Hotels were satisfactory, although some not centrally located, and food was O.K., and he mentioned the tour guide was excellent.

May 9th, 1998, 11:10 AM
Ann

I am Following the Footsteps of St. Paul through Greece and cruising to Mykonos, Rhodes, Patmos, Ephesus. Can you give me any tips on points of interest, history, shopping? I can't seem to find a Fodor's book of Turkey on line, is this my error or is it not listed?

May 9th, 1998, 07:37 PM
Arizona

It may sound ungrateful to Fodor's (after all, nobody forces them to furnish this fine communications medium), but we have found from experience that Lonely Planet guide books of Greece and Turkey are superior -- better maps, better price ranges, better research.

May 15th, 1998, 01:18 PM
NURDOGAN SENGULER

Do not worry to travel with PACHA
When I go to Paris often I take tickets from them.
They have now some buros in Brazil, Portugal, USA, of course France and Belgium.
Best wishes from Istanbul
I am waiting for your questions about Turkey and Istanbul
NURDOGAN SENGULER
[email protected]

Jul 9th, 1998, 10:07 PM
Margo

I took the 17 day tour to Turkey with Pacha in April, 1997. It was a very good value for the price, and each one of us on the tour said that the value was hard to beat. The meals were good & plentiful, the guide provided excellent commentary, and the hotels were o.k., not luxurious - most were good, clean places except for the Hotel Dekim in Izmir (Pacha subsequently told us that it was a last minute change because the scheduled hotel was overbooked, so they had not had the chance to check the Hotel Dekim before we arrived.) Everyone on my tour (about 10 people) complained to Pacha about that hotel. They sent a letter of apology & will probably not use Hotel Dekim again. At least Pacha responded and took responsibility for the change. Otherwise, Pacha provided a wonderful itinerary/tour. I would travel with them again.

Apr 17th, 1999, 01:18 PM
roberta

LOVED PACHA TOURS. WENT ON THE DELUXE TOUR TO TURKEY, ALONE, MET GREAT PEOPLE, THE GUIDE WAS WONDERFUL. THE HOTELS TERRIFIC, FOOD GREAT, YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY

Search this Thread