Traveling solo in Morocco, need reputable, safe tour company for 8-10 days

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2017, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to tour Morocco this October 5-15 for ten days either privately or in a small group tour. Has anyone used Morocco Expert Tours for any tour? If so, did you feel safe? Any other highly recommended and safe private or small group tour companies to recommend? I'm thinking 4 or 5-star riads and the luxury desert tent. I want to see the mountains, desert, and coast. I love to shop alone in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, but would prefer a guide for the crazy souks I've read about in Fes and Marrakech, so I would like at least two or three days in each of those cities so I can also see the historical and cultural sights. I will be traveling independently while my family is scuba diving in Indonesia and living on a dive boat. Morocco in October sounds way better than that to me! Thank you so much for any advice you have to offer!
Old May 1st, 2017, 08:21 AM

If you are an experienced traveler, you don't NEED a guide IMHO. Just take the normal precautions like you would anywhere else and research your trip well ahead of time. If you WANT a guide, then that's another story and I would not be able to help with that as I traveled solo.
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! I would be grateful for any advice. Which Moroccan cities did you visit, how did you travel between each of them, and where did you stay? Were you happy with your accommodations? I am still interested to learn if anyone has used Moroccan Expert Tours and whether they live up to their reviews, although I might decide to go without a guide. Thanks again!
Old May 1st, 2017, 10:06 AM

I'm also planning a trip for next year. I find that there is a much more active board on Trip Advisor than here (though there is some overlap). While I'm also skeptical about the reviews, I did a search on the TA Morocco forum and found a few trip report threads in which people write about using MET. You could also message the people who used them if you have any more questions.
Old May 1st, 2017, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Yes, thank you! I did see one of those glowing reports, and now I will look for the others. I just wish I could find some elsewhere. There's one on here but it's from five years ago. Thanks again!
Old May 1st, 2017, 11:07 AM

Hi, lajoie,
There's this thread:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi....html#82984383

Additionally, there are several people who posted on this thread who have had a good experience with them, including this wopman, who blogged about her trip with her husband and a few friends, which I found helpful to read:
http://purplefig.blogspot.com/2015/0...ll-ok-now.html

I'm just gathering information myself right now so sharing what I've found; not sure what we will do yet ourselves.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much!
Old May 7th, 2017, 01:53 PM

Hi -- I used Experiene It Tours and we were incredibly happy. Looking forward to going back. Good luck.