Search

Morocco to Spain

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morocco to Spain

I have only recently become a member to this site, but have been reading with interest for a while..

We are planning a trip to Europe during April this year, and just for the fun of it, was thinking to fly to Morroco first, travel around a bit and then take the ferry to Spain instead of booking another flight...

I am hoping there is someone who has actually done this and can tell me more about it! I live in Africa so I am quite familiar with travels & flights, but have never been that far up before..
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 04:50 AM

It's very easy. You can go to Tangier and there are several ferry companies at the port. They sell tickets to the ferries. Will you have a car? If not it makes things even easier. From the port there are buses in Algecerias that take you into the city proper.
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 01:24 AM
Original Poster

thanks DCmom, some more questions if you dont mind..
No we will not have a car, so would you say travelling around is pretty easy there?
Secondly, which would you say would be the best place to fly in to (i.e end destination would be the ferry) and to spend a few days?
Really appreciate the help!
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 01:28 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, let me also ask something else which might sound rather silly.
But I do have interest in going to Marrakesh, but on the map that looks a long long way away from the ferry piont. Are you familiar with these places and how long (& which safe transport would be best) would it take if we fly (somewhere close to Mar) and then travel towards the ferry destination piont.
We would probably only have about 3-4 days to spend there.. oh, one other thing,, how long does it take with the ferry to reach Spain & which times do they normally go? (morning/after/evenings?) Thanks!
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Thats sounds like a good option to me!
Thanks so much for all the info and the websites.