Tour operators

Aug 26th, 2005, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Tour operators

Could someone please tell me one tour operator that would be good for SA

We have checked into Wild Journey's and Overseas Adventurs. We are looking at spending approx. 28 days next October--at a medium price range.

Need some help.

Thank you

Carole
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:30 AM

Hello,

What are you planning to do in SA? You can probably book almost everything yourself (I did for my month-long trip to SA) and save a huge amount of money.

Let us know what you are interested in doing, and we can help you with specifics.

Cheers,
Julian
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:50 AM
sandi

By naming the outfitters you did, apparently you're looking for a group tour. If this is the case, Overseas Adventure Travel is very good - small groups of max 16 (if that) and the price can't be beat. Not familiar with the other company.

However, depending on your budget, if you'd like to travel independently on a private visit to SA, why not provide your specifics - where, how long, type of accommodations - hotel/lodges/camps, whether you wish some self-drive, etc. etc. and we can probably come up with some ideas for you.

Sep 1st, 2005, 02:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your response. There is going to be four adults on this trip. We were thinking about a self drive on part of the trip and a safari adventure in Botswana and Victoria Falls, etc. We were looking at a medium price range 200.00 per day per person. Any information you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Carole
Sep 1st, 2005, 03:49 AM

The safari days in Botswana will be a lot more than 200 per person per day -- I think the camps range from 600 pp to over 1,000 per day in Botswana. A camping safari would be less. Were you interested in doing that? We are doing safari this year in Zambia as it is much less expensive than Botswana but the lease expensive camps there are around 300 pp per day. And since you can do Victoria Falls from the Zambian side that could work well. Zambia also prices in US dollars so the price does not fluctuate with the currency rates.

Uh oh -- I sound like Rocco -- Well someone has to do it while he is gone!

Search this Thread