Timbavati v. Phinda

Mar 10th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Timbavati v. Phinda

Hi!

Could someone clarify what the experiences would be like in Phinda versus Timbavati? Will the wildlife viewing and environments be fidderent? Which would you choose for 2 nights to combine with three nights in Sabi Sands? Or would you do 2 nights in each of these three areas?

Thanks so much to everyone for all the great advice on this board!
Mar 10th, 2006, 02:17 PM

Hello Punky,

Timbavati is north of the Sabi Sands and is quite similar environmentally, though perhaps a bit more forest and less bush. The activities would be quite similar as well, focusing primarily on game drives, though Ngala does offer walking safaris.

Phinda is significantly different, with seven different environments. The activities are more varied -- rhino tracking on foot, walks, scuba safaris, and watching rare turtles lay their eggs as well as game drives.

I would recommend combining Phinda with the Sabi Sands to provide the greatest variety in your safari experience.

Cheers,
Julian
Mar 10th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Julian! That confirms what I was thinking. My husband is excited about the idea of going to the beaches near there as well and it makes a lot of sense since we will be driving on to Durban. I read your other post with lodge suggestions- I will be looking into the rates for them.

Search this Thread