Tanzania Visa on Arrival for Indian citizens in US

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all Indian citizens in the US visiting Tanzania - have you obtained visa's on arrival in Tanzania or do you get the visa before departure? Mailing passports across to the embassy feels risky..
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:13 PM

You can get a visa upon arrival in Tanzania and Kenya for Indian and US Passports. I think it is $50/per person.
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Sorry to dig up this thread from the dungeons and back to the top.

My spouse has Indian citizenship, wondering if any prior visa is required, anything changed in 2008, 2009?

We will be travelling from the US and plan to get the visa at JRO. Am scared of mailing passports to DC.

I don't see any restrictions/referral visa requirements on the TZ embassy website for Indian and/or US citizens.

Wondering if anyone with Indian passports from US is reading this.....

Thx in advance.
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:08 AM

I would expect that when entering a country with a certain passport it is irrelevant where the citizen is coming from - in your wife's case from US or Europe. The passport/citizenship is important.

And for that I consider any country which allows Indian passport holders extremely generous granting visa at entry point.
The circus Indian visa hot spots make for other citizens to obtain a visa for India is matchless.

SV
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Haha...it seems about the same with TZ Embassy. They haven't replied to my 4-5 emails and 2-3 phone calls. Even after a ticket and what not gets filled when you fill up the online form asking for info.

I am scared about sending them our passports..brrrr.

Priceless !
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:48 AM

where you reside has nothing to do with how/if you require a visa based on what passport you travel on. I'd check with the Embassy or Consulate, sound's like you've done this and haven't got too far. Try asking a travel agent or find a company that processes visas.

Love SV comment on Indian visas.
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM

I don't think you'll have any problems getting visas for either of you at JRO. It will be $100 for US citizens, but I think it's only $50 for your wife. You won't need any photos for the visa and can download the visa forms from the Tanzanian embassy website in advance and fill them out. For the $100 visa, I'd suggest NOT using a $100 bill, but smaller ones. The reason is that the US$100 bill is often counterfeited and the visa officer may not want to take it.
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 01:04 PM

retiredinflorida
You cannot imagine the circus we had getting a visa for India!
We were travelling extensively and in between 2 trip had only once 5 days and once 6 days to obtain a visa.
First of all I would never have thought that WE GERMANs would need a visa at all. Then the fuss began. One hotspot is open only the first Tuesday/month, the other one only the second, third and forth Thursday. So we had to get that damn visa on that very Tuesday. Nobody reachable - neither phone which had the fax tone nor fax which was silent. So we called the Thursday-spot. They just advise us to "try" it on Tuesday. When we asked whether that hotspot still exists (due to the phone/fax trouble) we were told "just try it". Needless to say that we needed to take a day off from work to get there.
I can tell you - that visa circus was unequaled.

Sorry dh for hijacking.....

SV
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 01:10 PM

SV, India is a circus, they are preparing you in advance!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 01:46 PM

Thx, Shaytay for the advice about smaller bills ! Will remember to download the forms in advance, great idea !!!
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 02:40 PM

They will probably hand you a visa form on the plane, as well. You can use either the one you brought with you, or transfer the info to the new form. One question: will there be any problem with your wife getting back into the USA? That question came up last year when a Brazilian citizen traveled with our American group. She wasn't a resident of the US, however.
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Thx, no, she's a green card...