Strange things on the board

Apr 18th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

Strange things on the board

Yesterday I posted an article by CNN regarding yellow fever vaccinations. I had wished I edited it before I accidently hit Post My Message, and then immediately wrote a Sorry message. I believe Sandi (not sure) replied and said she would like it archive. It is now gone! The sorry message is up, but not the message. Are we not allowed to copy articles onto this posting and the Fodor's big brother was watching or is this just a wierd occurance.
Apr 18th, 2004, 03:28 PM

yeah, they ask at the "home" page for forums that we not cut and paste articles from elsewhere. You can always past the url address, however.
Apr 18th, 2004, 05:02 PM
sandi

Cronen - yes, I noticed that it was gone this morning. Beats me what happened. But for your information, my comment re archiving had to do with a post from Selwyn, a regular to the board who offered up a suggestion that certain posts with solid travel information, much of it specific to Africa, be archived by Fodors. I in no way meant that Fodors should remove it, or archive it.

When Selwyn posted his suggestion he wanted to know from many of us thought it would be a good idea. You might want to "search" for his post, so you can see what he actually wrote.

But as uhoh_busted wrote, I never noticed on the Fodors home page that we weren't supposed to cut/past articles.

If you want a copy of the article, I have most of it (the substance) - as I emailed it to myself and can send to you if you provide an email address.

Apr 18th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Sandi, I realized what you meant about archiving and I thought it was a great idea put forth by Selwyn. I just was trying to make sure that I wasn't going crazy and that someone indeed responded to the post before it went poof. Oh well, next time I'll do a link. I never saw the home page regarding articles, but immediately suspected it was a no no when it disappeared.

Apr 18th, 2004, 11:34 PM

Yes, they have often deleted material from the Europe board because of the policy - but not very consistently.

Unless the site is one for which readers need to register and log in I think posting a link is sufficient in any case.
Apr 18th, 2004, 11:38 PM

Sandi the policy is stated under "rules' and also in the faq - no cut and pasting of any material. If you think about it, it makes sense. Also no advertising or business promotion, no profanity.
Apr 19th, 2004, 04:16 AM
sandi

Clematis - thanks for the heads-up on this issue. I did take a look on the home page and found such issue. Though this is not something I've done, will remember should a situation arise.

Search this Thread