Search

Little Gov's vs. Il Moran

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:33 AM
Robert

Little Gov's vs. Il Moran

Hello,<BR><BR>We originally booked 4 nights and Little Governor's in the Mara for part of our Safari coming up in two weeks. We have now been offered an "upgrade" to the Governor's Il Moran camp. Has anyone stayed at Il Moran, or both, and should we stick with the upgrade or go back to Little Governor's??<BR><BR>Thanks!! Robert

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:03 AM
Liz Frazier

Hi Robert-<BR>I haven't stayed at either yet but hope to sometime. Have you looked at their website? Il Moran is out of this world. Everything about it is different. It usually is only sold to groups and not smaller individuals. I figured when the time came, I would stay at Little Governors, but I would much prefer Il Moran. Go for it if you can. Liz

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:38 AM
Robert

Liz,<BR><BR>Thanks, I guess we will go for it. We found a good website at Safari.net which has 360 degree views and both places look great, but your right, Il Moran looks a lot more upscale. I suppose we should not turn away a gift.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Robert

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 02:09 AM
carol

We stayed at the regular Governor's camp last August and saw little Governors camp. But I never heard of II moran. What is the web address of Moran? Would like to keep this in mind for the next trip.<BR>Thanks

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 07:18 AM
Robert

Carol,<BR><BR>The two websites which I have used are http://www.classicsafaricamps.com which has a page for all of the Governor's camps and http://www.safari.net which has multiple camps for multiple countries. Pick on Kenya and then you can see 2 to 3 pages of different hotels/lodges/campsites. Each one usually has a Slideshow and a 360 degree viewing capacity of the grounds. You will find 3 of the Governor's Camps here including Il Moran and some of their other properties such as Lolidia House. <BR><BR>Anyone out there that has stayed at Il Moran and/or Little Governor's??<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Robert

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:00 AM
Liz Frazier

Hi Carol-<BR>Try www.governorscamp.com. I found it on a search engine and bookmarked it. I go there to drool and read the latest reports. Good luck. Liz

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:39 PM
Liz Frazier

Oops!<BR><BR>I mixed up Il Moran with the Private Camp. You can book there as individuals, it just costs more. Anyway everything is better than the Original Governors Camp and Little Governors. I just went to the website again and saw my error. I'd still take the upgrade in a heartbeat. Ciao!

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Liz Frazier

Hey Robert-<BR>I am anxiously awaiting your return from Kenya. How was Il Moran? Was the migration there while you were? I'd love to be there then. Please post your trip report with all of the exciting details. Liz<BR>