Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South African Adventure - 3 weeks around SA, september 2009

Hello everybody!
I would like to invite You to take a virtual tour of South Africa:

http://www.ashka.eu/rpa/index_en.html

"A World in One Country" is an advertising slogan of South Africa and seems like there is a lot of truth in this sentence. Spectacular nature, particularly rich floral life, kilometers of sandy and rocky beaches touched by two oceans (hot Indian and cold Atlantic), majestic mountains, endemic species of animals: rhinos, elephants, lions, whales, penguins, dolphins... blooming deserts, spectacular waterfalls, bush, savana and wineyeards. South Africa surprises with variety and contrasts, being at the same time a country so different from the other African countries, dissimilar from Europe, the only one in it's kind...

General information:

Dates: 4 - 27 september 2009 (23 days)

Distance: 7310 km (142 hours)

Itinerary: Rome > Addis Abeba > Johannesburg > Pretoria > Lion Park > Panoramic Route > Mac-Mac Waterfalls > Pilgrim's-Rest > Lisbon Falls > Berlin Falls > The Pinnacle View > God's Window > Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve > Drakensberg Escarpment: Three Rondavels > Phalaborwa > Kruger National Park > Olifants River Cruise > Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre > Kruger Park > Swaziland > Santa Lucia > Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park > Hluhluwe-Infolozi Park > Shakaland > Durban > Drakensberg Mountains > Addo Elephant Park > Tsitsikamma National Park > Knysna > Garden Route > Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary > Cape Agulhas > Hermanus > West Coast National Park > Cape Town > Simon's Town > Cape of Good Hope > Cape Town > Johannesburg > Addis Abeba > Rome

Car: Nissan X-Trail from Budget Car Hire. Hire rate: 1230 E for 3 weeks (pick-up Johannesburg, drop-off Cape Town, without km limit). The price include "Letter of Authority" that let you enter the small kingdoms of Lesotho and Swaziland.

Be my Guest!

PS. this is not commercial website.
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 03:41 PM

But it is constructed better than most commercial ones. What a professional setup. Really beautiful. Your individual photos are professional too. Your itinerary put you all over--all over the world! Thanks for sharing this masterpiece.
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 07:13 PM

Impressive site.
But I don't quite get it.
For example Day 2 at Lion Park.
The attraction's, (Day 2 Lion Park) description you take from their web site. You have no personal comments about what you did there or how you liked it. The 20 or so snapshots for each on one page is good but again I don't know if you liked it or not or would recommend it. The only comments you make is about the nights accommodation/lodging. And you follow this format for every day's attraction and lodging/accommodation. Lodging information is good but for me only counts for about 10% of the value of the whole day. Those hours awake are more important .

I think an outstanding example of this type of report is by our member "canadian_robin". They put one together after every safari. In their -own words- they tell what they did, how they did it, and what they liked or not. Along with a selected few photos and information about each photo. Here is the link to their latest-
http://bert-and-bin.smugmug.com/Trav...38901400_BHybf

regards - tom
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Hi, thank you for your visit
Yes, you are right I should write a travel report also for the english vesion... by I feel my english is not enought to do it... there would be too much errors...

For the the time being I wrote a big travel report in my language and it was a pleasure to do it as there are no other SA reports like this in my language, take a look how many information I've puter there:
http://www.ashka.eu/rpa/index.html

The problem is my english, if not, there would be a report also for the english version...

Thank you for he link above, I'm just about to visit it.
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 03:55 PM

SPECTACULAR ALBUM!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Ashkapl,

Thanks for what you were able to put in English. Most of us would be lost reading Polish, myself included. Pictures are a universal language anyway.