Should we go? Israel in August.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are Jewish. My family, brother and wife and 14 and 17 year children have asked us to join them on organized family trip to Israel through Authentic Israel with this itinerary: http://www.authenticisrael.com/familyjourney/ The dates of the trip are 8-4 to 8-13 with an optional trip to Eilat. We, my wife and I and my 27yr old son and 29 year old daughter would join them.

Question are we crazy to go in August and are the hotels any good?

Prima Kings Hotel, Jerusalem
Prima Spa Club, Dead Sea
Ramot Guest House & Resort, Sea of Galilee
Dan Panorama Hotel, Tel Aviv
King Solomon Hotel, Eilat

All thoughts and comments are welcome. Thank you.
Don
[email protected]
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 03:30 AM

Why not go? Loads of people visit Israel in August. It is the height of the tourist season. Yes it is hot BUT no one has melted yet!
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 03:31 AM

Forgot to say--and I do not think you can edit. --it is not smart to put your email address on an open site. You are inviting loads and loads of spam.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 07:29 AM

<Yes it is hot BUT no one has melted yet!>

i did...? didnt you see the pools...?

i can only second elkaz... israel in august is no problem, even concerning the political situatin around.. israel is a safe heaven within all this tohu wa bohu...

however... its not just hot, its like realy hot..!
but i enjoy it fully, beeing a summer person..
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM

... and Eilat will be even hotter than elsewhere. But, heck... you're in Israel, so go for it!
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 01:21 PM

I only know Dan Tel Aviv - I liked it, but don't know what you expect from a hotel.

You will be with a group - it means, air conditioned hotels, air conditioned bus, air conditioned museums. Life in Israel doesn't stop in the summer, so unless somebody in the family has heat-related health issues, go.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 01:21 PM

I only know Dan Tel Aviv - I liked it, but don't know what you expect from a hotel.

You will be with a group - it means, air conditioned hotels, air conditioned bus, air conditioned museums. Life in Israel doesn't stop in the summer, so unless somebody in the family has heat-related health issues, go.
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 04:49 PM

The Dan Panorama is a step down from the Dan Tel Aviv. It is like a U.S. Mariott hotel, not a luxury hotel but Ok. When I was there a couple years go, it needed some updating in the rooms,but that may have been done already
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 11:38 AM

I went last year in August with two teenagers for two weeks. It was great but we stayed in the north half of the country and spend 5 days in Jerusalem itself (our south most destination). It was great but it was very hot. Very hard to walk between 10Am to 5PM. We never made to Masada or Eilat (we have been there before) and we were completely worn out at the end of the days. I highly recommend the trip but be aware that the pace should be slow... look for museums or other AC places during the hot hours of the day!
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM

My husband and I will be traveling with our friend and his 17-year-old daughter the last two weeks of August and the first week of September. Since I spent 25 years in southern New Mexico, I know what hot summer means. We will pack only natural fiber clothing and make good use of our travel Berkey water bottles. Keeping hydrated and moving slowly are key. We plan to enjoy being in the land and visiting with the people. Shalom!
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 02:26 AM

If you can, switch to the Dan Tel Aviv and ask to stay in the newer renovated wing. The rooms were so comfortable, and exceptionally cutting edge modern!