safari help!!

Old May 11th, 2022, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
safari help!!

So we have gotten two quotes on safari, one from extraordinary journeys and one from Rothschild . The camps exrodinary is recommending seem a bit higher end than Rothschild , but not a lot, they are a wee bit pricier but service wise I guess what I want to know is one operator better than the other? Also both start in Tanzania on to Kenya then the okovanga delta by way of a stay at the falls. 12-15 days respectively. Thoughts? also best flight routes from the east coast of us?
Old May 12th, 2022, 05:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I think you can likely do better price-wise and with better options with a safari planner than either of those companies, but if you're committed to them, go with it.

I can only speak to Kenya and Tanzania for flight: From Boston I normally fly Delta-KLM to Nairobi or JRO. I like to split the flight and get out and walk around and have breakfast. It's the quickest of the connecting flight options. I've also flown out of JFK direct to Nairobi on Kenya Airways. Long flight but once it's over you're there and it arrives early in the day so you can start your trip without an overnight somewhere. I've also flown British Airways BOS-LHR-NBO which was fine going over but a very long layover coming home (long enough to get a day room to nap/shower, not long enough to go into London to do anything). There are other options like through Turkey, Qatar or UAE, but those just make the travel times longer for me, and some arrive at 2 am, which is just not worth it to me. I just want to get there as fast as I can.
Old May 12th, 2022, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for flight info! I am working with them on private itinerary , would not do one of those small group safari trips!