Search

Royal Air Maroc … Beware!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Air Maroc … Beware!

Despite my reluctance to risk damaging the reputation of a country I have loved for a long time, it seems important to warn travelers about this national airline.
On June 16, 2020, we bought a round trip Malaga-Montreal flight for my step-daughter for a flight on July 17 on Royal Air Maroc with a stopover and change of plane in Casablanca.
Upon checking ten days in advance that the flight has not been changed (because we had heard disturbing stories in the meantime from travelers who bitterly regretted having trusted this company), we learnt that:

1 - The flight from the Malaga-Casa Blanca was canceled, (the company had not notified her)

2 - That we could find a seat on another flight to Casablanca the same day but that it would arrive too late to catch the connection to Montreal.

3 - That the traveler would have to spend the night in Morocco – at her expense.

4 - That the company could give her another seat on the flight from Casablanca to Montreal the next morning on the 18th (which at the time had already been delayed 12 hours at least) but that she would have to pay an additional $ 225 for a seat in the same class.
And that if she does not take the flight in question she will not be entitled to any refund or credit of any kind.

So, in summary: If you don't want to lose a thousand dollars for a service that was sold to you but that they refuse to provide to you, you must pay them a ransom (?) Of $225 plus an overnight stay in Casablanca. And there is no guarantee that they will not again change their opinion, price and /or conditions between now and then.
This information was later confirmed to the travel agent who issued the ticket by a completely uninterested airline supervisor, whose indifference and rudeness, the agent said, was shocking.

It is impossible for RAM to claim that such modifications made at least ten days in advance constitute a case of force majeure, due to the pandemic because it was pre-existing when the trip was sold. This is a case, at best, of serious disorganization and total disregard for the clientele. Hopefully this is not representative of the current times in other companies in this country.

In any case, there was a time when Royal Air Maroc was one of the reliable airline carriers that we could trust and unfortunately it seems that this is no longer the case!

Old Jul 9th, 2020, 01:23 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I always know, when I see "Beware" in the post title, it will be entertainment worth a click. Not disappointed, that's just about what it's worth.
Old Jul 13th, 2020, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the flights were sold on the same ticket with Casablanca as a stopover then they form part of the same contract, and because the flight from Mΰlaga originated in the EU then it is subject to EU cancellation regulations, see https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...-261-2004.html In which case you should get a full refund.