Search

Recommedations for tour from Fes to Marrakesh

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2023, 10:02 AM
zfp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommedations for tour from Fes to Marrakesh

My family of 3 and I would like recommendations for a luxury tour through the desert from Fes to Marrakesh. I have been emailing Desert Majesty, and am inclined to book with them, but would love other suggestions. Merzouga Luxury camps looks quite nice, but it is pricier and may not be worth it. We are not normally the type that takes tours, so since we are we would like it to be luxurious and memorable.

All recommendations and thoughts are appreciated. We are traveling at the end of March.
Old Mar 1st, 2023, 01:43 PM

Recommend Moroccan Family Tours

I highly recommend Moroccan Family Tours. They are local people of the Sahara who own one of the best desert camps in Merzouga. They customize everything for each person. My husband and I had the most amazing and unforgettable experiences thanks to Moroccan Family Tours. Can’t wait to return.
Old Mar 1st, 2023, 05:24 PM

Ditto to what suzyg wrote. My husband and I were in Morocco in 2018 and Salem Karaoui was our driver and guide through the country. He is a lovely man and was a wonderful companion and we saw a lot with him. I also highly recommend his company, Moroccan Family tours.
https://moroccan-family.com

You might enjoy looking at my trip report to get an idea. Please note that the camp we stayed in is not the one his company has but it’ll give you an idea if what to expect.

Morocco, A Visual Journey
Old Mar 1st, 2023, 05:54 PM
zfp
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply. I did look at your trip report. It was very informative. We are going for a similar length of time and have a similar itinerary in mind with the exception of Rabat and Chefchaouen. Do you think visiting Chefchaouen was worthwhile given the distance to get there?
Old Mar 2nd, 2023, 04:08 AM

I think Chefchaouen is nice it if you have the time, though it’s more focused on being a tourist town than other places. Its siting is lovely in the hills, but it’s truly not necessary. The visual element of the blue walls is what attracts people, so if it’s not a place you had planned to visit, then no, it’s not worth it.
Old Mar 2nd, 2023, 11:34 AM

Chefchaouen

Originally Posted by zfp
Thank you for your reply. I did look at your trip report. It was very informative. We are going for a similar length of time and have a similar itinerary in mind with the exception of Rabat and Chefchaouen. Do you think visiting Chefchaouen was worthwhile given the distance to get there?

I thought Chefchaouen was magical and picturesque - especially our Riad.