Search

Istanbul Hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 09:29 AM
Pat

Istanbul Hotels

Does anyone have a recommendation of a relatively upscale hotel in Istanbul that is centrally located. I am considering the Four Seasons, but was hoping to find some place that maybe isn't quite as nice, but may be substantially cheaper than the 4S.<BR><BR>Thanks for any help!

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:50 PM
nikki

I stayed at the Yesil Ev (the Green house) a few years ago - it's near the Blue Mosque. nice historical building with garden and quaint old rooms. about US$150 a night or less i seem to remember.

Old May 18th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Nancy

I stayed at the Armada Hotel I was on a tour so don't know the price but they may have a website. My notes say that it had a very Turkish feel to it. I know it was very nice. I'm sure you can take a taxi to anywhere from this hotel.

Old May 19th, 2002, 02:03 AM
kavey

I also stayed at the Armada about 4 years ago and personally was quite disappointed.<BR>The rooms were not up to standard for a hotel of that class and price and the food in the restaurant was also not excellent - they seemed to use the cheapest gristly cuts of meat - we found better and much cheaper food everywhere else we ate.<BR>The location was good and the staff were OK but I wouldn't choose it again.<BR>Kavey

Old May 30th, 2002, 01:35 AM
Judy

I know its ages ago but we stayed at the Empress Zoe im Sultanachmet Istanbul, just around the corner from the 4 seasons (which we couldnt afford!!) in 1998. It certainly was an experience, but we loved it. The plumbing was dreadful, but we had the appartment with the roof garden, the best views of all shipping etc going into Istanbul, & the minarets of the Blue Mosque, the dome of Sancta Sofia - a beer & a loaf of local bread with vegemite as pre-dinner cocktails was truly memorable!! I dont know if its still there but we loved it!

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:38 AM
jack

i am also looking for a hotel in instanbul and have heard the intercontinental is quite nice. anyone stay here?

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 06:16 AM
Peter

Hi,<BR><BR>Stayed at Hotel Hali end of April for a couple of days. Very close to Aya Sofia. Cheap, clean, comfortable and breakfast included.<BR>Email: [email protected]<BR>URL: www.halihotel.com