Phinda @ zar10,500,00 is it worth it?

Jan 28th, 1999, 02:17 AM
michelle casey

Phinda @ zar10,500,00 is it worth it?

We are going to South Africa for our honeymoon in March. Phinda Private Game Reserve was recommended, however the price quote for two people, two nights, meals, and two game drives per day is zar 10,500.00. Would anyone be able to advice us whether at this price Phinda is worth it? Thank you!

Jan 29th, 1999, 10:46 AM
Alastair

Hi there,
For that price you could come to South Africa's most popular destination at Cape Town's waterfront, stay in a hotel for 2 weeks, Hire a car and tour the winelands, beautiful Cape mountains, wonderfull scenery and beaches.
The game parks are a rip-off. Enquire at your travel agent or surf the net for more info about Cape town. The tourist destinations are safe. You won't be sorry you came.

Best of luck

Alastair de Wet
Cape Town
South Africa

Jan 31st, 1999, 03:12 PM
Dennis & Lois

I agree that the price seems high (i am not familiar with "zar") and we had the same question - it is worth it? In a word YES..it was NOT a rip-off !!! We visited two years ago in March - the weather was perfect although the elephants were hiding in the hills we went out tracking them on one of our game drives. Our original plan in going to S. Africa was to do exactly what the first response said. The wine country is fabulous..touring was great the beaches too... and yes it was cheaper than Phinda but our Phinda experience was the ultimate. Seeing the animals, having sundowners out in the bush..and ending up under an acacia tree for a BBQ...it was also very romantic. I would highly recommend Phinda - it is one experience we will not soon forget, and like you we had doubts about the extra expense. You won't be sorry - it was fantastic - escpecially for a honeymoon. Two nights is probably enough go ahead and splurge!
Do the rest..but don't rule out the game parks as "rip-offs" we didn't feel that way at all.
We would be happy to answer any specific questions you have if you would like to e-mail us. Happy Honeymoon!!

Mar 1st, 1999, 12:10 AM
suzet

michelle, i totally agree with dennis&lois. i have been to phinda
on my honeymoon. it was the greatest
experience we have ever had. it is
definitely worth it !
i would suggest you stay at the phinda forest lodge ESPECIALLY and ask your ranger to take you for a visit to the rock lodge, or vlei lodge or mountain lodge. by doing that, after staying at phinda for 4 nights, we decided to saty tat the rock lodge for 1 night. it's very nice there too, all kinds of flying insects and small animals including frogs, but still it was great.
for futher info pls do not hesitate
to e-mail me.
enjoy

Mar 23rd, 1999, 01:28 AM
Corinna

Hi there

My reply may be a bit late, but please take note for your future trips to South Africa.

We are tour operators, based in South Africa, and there are many beautiful safari lodges, offering the same service, ambience and attractions at Phinda at a much lower rate. One just needs to know where and that is what makes us different. We have our finger on the pulse and will plan an amazing holiday for your that will not cost you an arm and a leg, but will leave you with unforgettable memories of South Africa or any of our neighbouging countries. It is offen a lot cheaper to book directly through an South African operator like Outlook.

We pride ourselves in the immaculate planning of entire 2-4 week trips in our country and have yet to have an unhappy customer.

Please contact me for further information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards from a sunny South Africa.

Corinna

Search this Thread