Search

PCR test to leave Uganda?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2022, 04:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PCR test to leave Uganda?

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Uganda in August, and have found differing information about the need for a negative PCR test in order to leave the country via Entebbe Airport (even if the destination country does not require a negative test). Several websites make it sound like only unvaccinated travelers would be required to have a negative test, while other sources appear to say that all travelers leaving through Entebbe need to test negative, even if the country they're going to has no testing rules in place.

Does anyone have recent experience traveling from Uganda who can advise on the current situation? If a PCR test is needed even for vaccinated travelers, where were you able to access a test?

Thank you!

Old Jun 27th, 2022, 11:47 PM

For all departing passengers from Uganda who are fully vaccinated, you are not required to have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result. The exception applies if the next country you are traveling to needs it - and these countries are getting fewer.
So, if you are fully vaccinated, you will enjoy your visit to Uganda and leave without need of taking a PCR test.

Vincent I Kwezi Outdoors
Old Jun 27th, 2022, 11:52 PM

For more information about Covid PCR tests, check out the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority website: https://caa.go.ug/frequesntly-asked-...april-27-2022/