Parking in Jerusalem

Mar 25th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Parking in Jerusalem

Coming to Jersalem for two days with a rental car. Staying at the Prima Royale Hotel near Kind David hotel area. I need a place to park my car for two days. Anyone know if there is a place to do this?
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:44 AM

I see from your other post that after Jerusalem you will "drive to Tel-Aviv". Do you mean that you will be going to the airport? If yes, then I suggest that you return the car when you arrive in Jerusalem, use public transport in the city, then take a taxi or sherut to the airport. You do not need the car in Jerusalem - the parking & traffic problems make it a liability.
Mar 26th, 2012, 06:13 AM

I can not think of anyplace near your location to leave a car for two days. Street parking is metered ( limited time) and frequently requires a resident sticker. mbgg has the correct idea. Return the car and use public transport if you ar going back to the airport. A car is a pain to return at the airport anyway.
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

we will be in jerusalem in the middle of our trip, so need to leave it for two days then driving back to tel aviv to stay with family. returning car in tel aviv - not at airport. staying at prima royale in jerusalem. they say we can park there or in a lot across the street for a charge.

Elkaz - i take it you live in Israel? you have been helpful
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:28 AM

If you are returning the car upon your arrival in Tel-Aviv, then perhaps it would still be preferable to return the car when you arrive in Jerusalem, then take a taxi to Tel-Aviv.
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

good idea mbgg, but we are using the car to go from jerusalem to dead sea area then to tel aviv. we were thinking of returning car in jerusalem and then re-renting another a day later - just didn't make sense...
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM

Thank you. I live both in Israel and the United States.

Search this Thread