Search

Northern Tanzania

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2013, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northern Tanzania

I am planning a trip to Northern Tanzania and would appreciate any helpful feedback. I am hoping to use a mobile camp to see the migration. From what I read, if i travel around June 22 I can catch the migration crossing the Grumeti river; if I travel around Aug. 12 I hopefully can see the migration at the Mara river at the border. If I go in June, I'm still thinking of going to the northern border as well because there are not many tourists and because there are good game drives. i don't want luxury camps as I am a teacher and on a budget, but would prefer not sleeping on the ground every night either. Do you have suggestions for quality, but budget-type camps?( I can only travel between June 22 and the week before labor day.
THanks a lot,
Stu
Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 06:15 AM

Yo need to find tour operators and contact with them, I know people with tour companies but here is not a place to advertise the companies sorry.
What you need to know is how many days will you spend on your safari and the number of people who will accompany you,these are things which determine the price, if you are solo traveler it will be a little higher between 230-250$
Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 08:55 AM

Replied to on your posting on Trip Advisor.
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 07:28 AM

Stu,

I would consider Wayo Africa. I just inquired with them regarding a safari for myself in March and their prices are at least $1k less than other quotes I have received. Their camps look nice, but are not luxurious like other camps I have been looking at, so maybe this is what you are looking for.
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 07:49 AM

Maybe you could check out Panaroma budget camp.