Nile Cruises

Aug 8th, 2000, 09:46 AM
Linda

Nile Cruises

We are looking for the best trip for 4 nights. Any suggestions for great boats?

Aug 8th, 2000, 06:43 PM
dg

After exploring all the alternatives we decided not to take a cruise. We came to the conclusion that it is better to stay at the best hotels in Aswan and Luxor (flying betweent he two cities) spending one fourth of the price. The boats spend three nights at Aswan and Luxor (1 & 2), are for the most part crowded and very expensive. After talking to people who did take the boat we confirmed that ours was a good decision. If you still want to take the boat I would recommend Abercrombie & Kent, Sonesta, Oberoi or Movenpick.

Aug 8th, 2000, 09:08 PM
Tom

In July we cruised on th eoBeroi Philae. It was a newer ship, nicely furnished, clean, well maintained, food OK and it was the only ship we encountered that had outdoor patios for each cabin. That last feature, itself, made me quite happy we took someoneelse's advise and took this ship.

Aug 21st, 2000, 08:50 PM
Justin

EVERYONE I've talked to swears by their Nile boat cruise. They said it's one of the best vaccations they've ever taken.

Aug 22nd, 2000, 06:34 PM
LEANNA

Hi ..I hear the Oberai P is the best of the best.....however according to their brochure, Grand Circle's Boats also have balconies. Has anyone traveled Egypt w/ this company and been on their boats...how are they? Clean? Food? I'm comparison shopping at the moment...and totally boggled, tottered, and exhausted!!!!

Aug 29th, 2000, 05:43 PM
jodi

Can't imagine that you would ever get the flavor of Egypt without cruising the Nile. Please try and fit it in. The Sonesta was fine

Search this Thread