Search

Namibia - 2006

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:40 AM
johan_belgium

Namibia - 2006

Hello everyone,

I just got back from an amazing safari in Namibia and I will try to post a trip report and some pictures before leaving to Botswana/Capetown next month.

I was trying to capture the stunning landscapes and the big cats were not on my radar this time.

And yes Chris was at Palmwag Rhino Camp but more on that later.

Yesterday, I also had a coffee with Hari and his sister in Joburg before they were leaving to Maun.

Best regards,

Johan

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am very envious that you got to meet Hari and of course of your trip to Namibia. Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics!
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:03 AM

Good to hear from you Johan! Glad the trip was a success. Count me among those anxiously awaiting photos!

Sharon
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:16 PM
DJE

johan,

Glad you had such a great time. How did you like the beautiful landscapes this year which were made even more spectacular by all the record rains they received in the springtime. Our trip in June was wonderful as well and I was so impressed with the addition of lovely grasses and vegetation in the desert regions because of the earlier moisture. Quite different from our first visit in '03.

Look forward to your pics which I am sure will be amazing.
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 05:06 PM

Welcome back, Johan. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Great Namibian Journey. I look forward to your trip report and your pictures.

Did you by chance have Douw as your guide?
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:43 PM

welcome back!
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:17 PM
johan_belgium

Hello everyone,

Festus Mbinga was guiding the trip but I met Douw Steyn briefly because he drove me to Terra Africa after the Great Namibian Journey.

The rain had surely an impact because there were still many springs and pans around filled with rain water. Also the grasses were still high at certain places but most of them had already their golden colour. On the other hand,in terms of photography this time of year can be a bit tricky because of the hazy skies sometimes (dust + fires). F.e. I wasn't able to take a decent picture of Brandberg (while driving or flying) But on the other hand, the weather conditions at Wolwedans and Cape Frio were excellent.

Anyway I hope I can meet the expectations next month.

Greetings,

Johan