Morocco tour recommendation

Jul 21st, 2004, 10:26 PM
Original Poster

Morocco tour recommendation

Hi,

I would like to travel to Morocco end of August, beginning of Sept. I am a female travelling alone and I have been advised to look into joining a tour.

I have contacted one tour company, Cosmos.
Has any of you had any experience with Cosmos?

Can you please recommend any other tour company?

Any tips and info is appreciated.
Jul 22nd, 2004, 04:40 AM
sandi

zbjoon - Please do not enter another new post if you do not receive a reply from someone immediately.

If some time has passed, 1/2-day or 1-day, simply go into your original post, select "post a reply" and enter "ttt" which reacts like a response but brings your post to the top. Otherwise you will have the same post in various places as will any responses.

The idea is to keep all information that is related to your post together - questions and answers, all in one place.

Jul 22nd, 2004, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Sandi,

It is only two days that I have started using this site. I am aware that I have to wait for a day at least to get a response. I had not selected a search country and therefore I could not see my post when I did a search for Morocco! That is why I reposted the message with a search country. Sorry that my re-post bothered you.

I would appreciate an answer if you are knowledgable about Morocco.
Jul 22nd, 2004, 10:06 AM

For a different style, I'd suggest checking out Overseas Adventure Travel.
Have not traveled with them myself, but have heard very good things about them. They're style is small groups and a bit more adventurous than many of the mainstream tours. Also check out GAP Adventures.
http://www.gap.ca/about/aboutgap
http://www.oattravel.com/gcc/general/
Jul 22nd, 2004, 11:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

I actually prefer small groups and more of a detailed tour. I checked out the web sites. I will call both of them tomorrow to find out how many they put in a group and get a more detailed itenary.

I have also got the name of couple of other toures from another post and I will look into them.

Jul 23rd, 2004, 11:05 PM
Original Poster

I am interested in land only.

I called both gap and oattravel today. Oattravel does not have land-only. It is a combination of land and air.

I also called gap and they offer 3 tours to Morocco. They have 15 and 8 day tours and they said they do not put more than 16 people in a tour which suits me.

I also called Heritage tours and they offer customized tours. In the case of a solo traveller, you travel with a guide.

Search this Thread