Morocco Tour?

Nov 4th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Lia
Original Poster

Morocco Tour?

Can anyone suggest a reputable tour company for a first-time 2-week trip to Morocco for two adults? We'd like to join a larger group and definitely want to visit Marrakesh, Rabat, Fez, Casablanca, Erfoud, Ouarzazate, Essaouira, Safi. Looking at Isram/Escapade or Homeric Tours. Can you recommend others? Would prefer not to combine with Spain or Portugal, but rather focus on more time in Morocco. When is the best time to go around Feb-April 2004? Thanks!
Nov 15th, 2003, 09:29 PM

Don't know if this is your style, but we did Morocco on our own and it is relatively easy.
Nov 16th, 2003, 04:52 AM

Kellie,
Did you take a self-driving tour in the south? We would like to do Marrakech-Ouarzazate-Zagora-Merzouga-Tinerhir-de Kasbah route-Agadir.
Is this feasible on your own? Do we need a 4WD?
Nov 16th, 2003, 09:08 AM
sandi

Lia -

If you're looking for a group tour, check out Overseas Adventure Travel. While group size is max at 16, they cover sites you indicated and their prices are very competititve.

Isram is excellent; not familiar with Homeric. Once you have info from OAT compare with Isram - don't believe you can go wrong with either; though I do believe that Isram might use better hotels.

Nov 17th, 2003, 04:42 AM

Smartours.com has trip to Morocco and they sure give great value.
Dec 21st, 2003, 08:16 PM

Lia,

I was in Morocco this past Thanksgiving. I felt it was safe traveling solo as an Asian female. I really enjoyed private guided tour and booked it through US based travel agency. The local company is Recep Tours and it is one of the biggest tour companies there. I took the road trip from Marrakesh to Fez. It was very scenic 8 hour ride. The driver, Mustapha Lamzougui, is very reliable, experienced and knowledgeable. His phone number is 21261209946. All tour guides can speak English fluently.

Hope it helps.
Dec 29th, 2003, 02:02 PM

We just returned from an OAT trip to Morocco and it was excellent. Were busy the entire time. Great food and hotels plus 3 nights camping in the Sahara. Excellent value.

Search this Thread