Morocco. Reservations in advance?

Old May 10th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morocco. Reservations in advance?

Hi all,

Just wondering what people's opinions are regarding advanced bookings in Morocco. I'm going for two weeks and leaving Monday. Haven't booked anything yet and wondering if this is ok? Thanks
Old May 10th, 2007, 07:01 PM

Hi,
At least you need hotels and which star?

Where you are going to visit?
Old May 11th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Well, so far our itinerary has us landing in Casablanca, travelling to Marakesh for 2 days (???), then inland towards Ouarzazate, hopin gto get a night in the desert at Erg Chebbithen up towards Fes. We still need to see what might be of interest between Erg Chebbi and Fes. Perhaps Meknes and back to Casablanca. Any suggestions for places to stay in any of the aforementioned locations? We are Hoping to spend no more than $70 per night for accomodations. Suggestion for an afordable excursion into Erg Chebbi? Thanks
Old May 12th, 2007, 01:37 PM

You are welcome'
How you are transporting around Morocco (between Marrakech to Fes)?
Well at least you need 4days 3 night from Marrakech to Fes including First night in Ouarzazte, second night in Tinighir and tired night in comp (Erg chebbi means dunes) you will visit Tizi ntichka means (Atlas pass), Ait ben Haddou kasbah, dades Gorge ,Toudra Gorge, Rissani Midellet Ifrain and night 4 in Fes.

So between Marrakech and Fes you need to be with some Tour company please don’t choose cheaper one you will ask why (no A/C no speaking languages driver especially English and big gropes no stopping in nice view for photos)

For places to stay if you book with tour company don’t have to reserve yours between M to fes.
between Desert to Fes you ll drive all day .
for cost may be lower depending on how many people in your tour.
welcome to help
[email protected]

Old May 12th, 2007, 10:59 PM

Sorry, but if you read and plan well you absolutely do NOT need a tour company between Marrakech and Fez. I just did this with a 6yo child on my own and many here have done it on their own.YOu can save a LOT of money just by reading and doing it on your own. Most of the tour prices are ridiculous.

That said, it does not sound like the OP has done much reading or planning, so might run into some problems.Many tour guides are a rip off and like assembly lines, so beware.

Nights in the desert are cheap and I already listed a great one in an s-driver thread & others have posted ones that they liked.

Morocco is not really a cheap place ( despite and because of the poverty) and the less you pay for rooms, the higher the chance of problems like bed bugs or dysentery.

Sure some things are cheap in Morocco, but some things are very expensive and you will find that the more you pay for your riad, the nicer,safer and cleaner it will be. When you cut corners in a third world country, you often pay for it if you are not well informed and well read.

I know people who have gotten deathly sick from hidden things like bad water put into OJ or watermelons that were shot up with bad water ( since they are sold by weight) and have a healthy friend who just died from a bug bite.

Be careful on who you trust in Morocco or any where. I would not go into Morocco without being very well read and prepared. You can get away with that in first world countries ( tho still dumb), but much less wise in a third world country.

I hope your adventure goes well!
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 06:20 AM

Hi , hopefully you are doing fine and evrything is allright with you .
Firstly You are the most Welcome right here in Morocco , as one of our guests who have been with us .
Concering your itinerary i may suggest a new programme for you as an operator making trips arround Morocco . here is my humble plan :
arrive in Marrakech noon , the car that will be rented should pick up you from the Airport to the hotel ( having lunch overthere) afterwards you are going to spend that evening visiting arround Marrakech , then you will be able to enjoy the folklors ( chez hotel Ali Fantazia entertainments) after having dinner getting back to the hotel .

setting up the second trips towards Merzouga Erg chebbi dunes via Tizi n-Tichka coll ( alt 2260m highest ) this road which is full of shelpherds... 200 kms away from Ouarzazate . 30 kms before reaching Ouarzazate , having lunch in the spectacular scenes Ait BenHaddou Kasbah .afterwards driving on to the unoise city Ouarzazate .

heading to the both Dades & Todra Gorges where you will have lunch at this one latter ( in that place where the mauntains are quite closed together , where the climbers attempt to come up the summit of those mauntains), therefore the road will be subsequented towards the desert area a place named Merzouga where the cameltrecking will be done i-e camels will be waiting for you and spending a quite and a romantic night having a mint-tea outside of berber traditional tents on berber rugs , undersight moon between palms in the heart of the biggest twin dunes , accounting the stars . the next day will be as a pick-nick in SAF SAF oasis ; Medfouna in lunch ( berber Pizza) then carry on making the Erg Chebbi tour visiting many berber tribes such as KHAMLIA the small village where the black musicians are ( ethnically black people from Senegal and Mali) .
this day will be as an adventure day driving on the "piste" a roads of Pari-Dakar towards Zagora (lunch there) this evening will be as a leisure time .
after having a breakfast under tents , driving directly to Taroudant ( lunch overthere) and then going to the best coastal city in Morocco AGADIR a briefly there are a lots things worth seeying .
a coastal day road to Essaouira , the windy city , a free time day over there hiking around .
Essoauira-Marrakech , a relax trip day , founding out Marrakech .

the vehicule that would takes you from a place to another is Toyota LAND -CRUISER( with all the facilities included ) .
for help [email protected]