Morocco phone/ sim

Jan 23rd, 2018, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Morocco phone/ sim

i purchased an android phone here in Canada with no phone plan,etc, to use exclusively for travel purposes. My next trip is to Morocco and I was thinking Id just get a sim there and pay as I go. Thinking more about it, the phone has no number tied to it right now so this cant work, correct? Do I need to activate this phone with a Canadian SIM card first and then Id have a number,etc? The Sasktel store advised me that just getting the phone would work but now it makes no sense to me. Getting a sim in Morocco, or anywhere else, doesnt give you a number correct? Feeling confused.
Jan 23rd, 2018, 01:18 PM

When you buy a sim anywhere it comes with a number, no need to have a Canadian one. So one bought for your phone in Morocco will have a Moroccan number. I do exactly that with a phone I use only for travel. You'll likely be able to pay more to be able to make international calls but for just calls within Morocco it should be very cheap. The down side is that anyone who needs to reach you will have to call there unless you buy a sim for it that forwards calls from your home number, like this one I've been looking at: https://www.worldsim.com/internation...d?___store=usa
Jan 23rd, 2018, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Makes sense. Thanks. I appreciate it.
Feb 5th, 2018, 07:36 AM

I was there not long ago, data was $USD / GB - it's easy to buy a re-charge card that is $10USD for 10GB, it's almost always blazing fast 3G coverage.

-Dan