Morocco

Aug 2nd, 2010, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Morocco

Have I missed the best airfares for Morocco (going in early September), or should I wait a few weeks? I am looking for sales. Thanks!
Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:00 AM

Early September departure date doesn't leave much time to bargain hunt. You don't say where your trip originates or where you want to go but if flying from the US it may be cheaper to buy two tickets, one to Europe, and then one on into Morocco. For example, for September, Dallas to Madrid is maybe $850 to 900 RT and Madrid to Marrakech can be pretty reasonable ($160 to $200 on the low end for a RT). In comparison, booking one ticket Dallas to Marrakech runs $1200 to $3200 RT in the same time period. All figures taken from the ITA software site.
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/di...prego/calendar

If you say where you are coming from and where you are going and your travel dates you may get better answers. Obviously if you have some flexibility in the dates that may help you on the prices.
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

I have checked via ryanair, and via breaking the trip into legs (and so far, haven't found anything), but then again, haven't kept hitting the books. We are flying from Nashville and need (if possible) to fly into Casablanca and out of Marrakech. I'm finding the dates are limiting too.
Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

I will check breaking the flight into multiple legs via a different site than ryanair, though. Thanks!
Aug 2nd, 2010, 04:21 PM

Have you tried the consolidator KAYAK? You can check "multicity" and try all sorts of destinations and dates. ZZ
Aug 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

No I haven't tried that one. Thanks Zambezi! Will check it out!
Aug 4th, 2010, 11:12 AM

Casablanca does have transatlantic service while I do not believe there direct flights from America to Marrakech. Returning from Marrakech you likely will be either flying back to Casablanca or into Europe to catch a flight home. As suggested, try an open jaw booking but compare with a straight RT to and from Casablanca. Train and bus service should be good between Casablanca and Marrakech. Haven't seen Casablanca but Rabat and Marrakech are worth the effort to see.

Farewise the lowest I'm seeing is about $1200 (using the ITA software program).