Search

Mauritius Water Villas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 07:57 AM
J1
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mauritius Water Villas

I am organising my honeymoon for next July and want to go to Mauritius (it was there or the Maldives but there seems to be less rainfall in Mauritius that time of year). Ideally, we would like to stay in a water villa. Does anyone know if there are any in Mauritius??
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 08:16 AM

I'm not sure about water villas in Mauritius but we went to the Maldives for our honeymoon and stayed in both the beach bungalows and later the water villas at the Hilton Resort (Rangali Island) and it was absolutely fantastic. I highly recommend it! Kristin
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 08:33 AM
J1
Original Poster

Thanks Kristin, When did you go?? I am just a little worried that the weather in July might be a little wet (I get enough rain at home!). Did you prefer the beach bungalow or the water villa? I have seen the website and can understand how you enjoyed it! Thanks again! Richie
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 11:16 AM

Hi Richie,
We were there in late October which is the rainy season, but we lucked out and it didn't actually rain for more than an hour on 1 or 2 of the days we were there. I'm not sure though how the weather is there in July (or in Mauritius either for that matter).

We had booked a beach bungalow but when you arrive they let you upgrade so for the last part of the week we stayed in the water villa. The beach bungalows were great, they all have outdoor, private bathrooms, are spacious, very comfortable and you can literally walk out your door into the sea in less than 20 steps.

However...once we changed to the water villa, there's no question that it was even better. First it was a lot newer with fancy finishes like Phillip Stark sinks, cool furniture, CD player in the room, etc. Each one has a little deck from which you have some stairs that go down into the water so you can snorkel right there (although the snorkeling was actually better from the bungalow side). The snorkeling in general there is amazing - lots of fish, eels, we even saw sea turtles.

Weather is a significant factor though so if July is in the middle of the rainy season, I would probably consider somewhere else because it would be quite a damper to be in such a beautiful place and have to stay indoors most of the time.
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 10:56 AM

I know this was posted last week, but you all of your questions didn't seem to get answered. July is the winter season in Mauritius with less rain and humidity. The Prince Maurice is the only place I've heard of on Mauritius that have overwater bungalows. Check out http://www.princemaurice.com/