Masai Mara/Serengeti--the same or different?

Jun 8th, 2001, 06:12 AM
Ed

Masai Mara/Serengeti--the same or different?

Can anyone comment on whether it is worth going to both the Masai Mara and Serengeti in late July--some people say they are same, some people say they are different.

Jun 11th, 2001, 03:57 PM
Buck

Ed,
They are the same plain just in two different countries, the animals go from one to the other on the miagration.
If you are interested in the N. crater and such, go to Taz. to see it, other wise the plains are the same both populated by the Masai. Have a wonderful trip, Buck

Jun 11th, 2001, 09:33 PM
joyeux

masai mara is more fun, this coming from somebody on that circuit...hotair balloon safaris,horse safaris,the expanse in mara is breathtaking ,you can see a lot from one vanishing point.And from july sees the arrival of about 2 million some of the largest mammalias on earth from the southern corridor...a sure fest watching the ensuing stampede of zebras,wildbeests,lions,buffalos etc.cheers.I`m a tour guide free of course, i get ma commisions from the firms i refer clients to.
[email protected]

Jun 27th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Dave

My wife and I just returned from 3 weeks in T/K. During this time we spent 3 nights at Serengeti Sopa, 3 nights at Olonana in MM. The areas are similar and different. Ditto the animals. Whether you should go to both depends on how much time you have and what your interests are. If time is limited, I would suggest going to one and then to the eastern areas.

Would we go to both again? Yes, mostly to have an understanding of what the two areas are like.

Jan 18th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Njoroge maina

Hi Ed
They are the same eco systerms and as such you don't need to go for both.
You may wish to go to Samburu for diversity.
Eastern& southern safaris.
www.essafari.co.ke

Search this Thread