Love Egypt

Old Jul 26th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love Egypt

Is this programe is better for us ?? and will be expensive ??

Travel by 13 days / 12 nights: Cairo / Alexandria / St. Catherine and Sharm El Sheikh

Day 1: Arrival / Cairo
representative will meet & assist you at Cairo International Airport, and handle all your procedures through passport control, luggage area & customs formalities. Then you will be transferred to your hotel and overnight in Cairo.

Day 2: Cairo / Tours

After breakfast, visit the open air- museum of Memphis & the old kingdom necropolis of Sakkara to see the step pyramid which is the oldest pyramid built in ancient Egypt and the first stone structure ever built. During the visit, you will see some ancient tombs with marvelous wall relives, in the after noon you will have lunch at the ‘Peace’ seafood restaurant. After lunch, visit the great famous Pyramids of Giza and the statue of the Sphinx. After the visit , drive to visit a papyrus institute to see the first invention of paper in ancient times
Overnight at hotel

Day 3: Cairo / Alexandria

Free day in Cairo or (optional) tour to the second capital of Egypt, Alexandria visiting Qaitbay Citadel, built in the 15th century by Sultan Qaitbay on the spot of Alexandria's ancient lighthouse. See the grand Montazah Place, which combines Turkish and Florentine architectural styles, then move on to the new and much acclaimed Alexandria Library. Also visit the Roman cemetery cut out of the rock, The Catacomb. Return to Cairo and overnight.

Day 4: Cairo

After breakfast, visit the Egyptian Museum where you can see the splendid Collection of Tutankhamun alongside many other fascinating artifacts. Then continue to visit Salah El Din's Citadel and the Alabaster Mosque of Mohamed Ali. Back to hotel and overnight in Cairo. Lunch in a local restaurant in Cairo. After lunch visit to Khan El Khalili market, where the articles are sold in silver, wood, leather, Etc. Back to the hotel.

Day 5: Cairo / St. Catherine (Mount Sinai)

After breakfast at hotel, you will be picked up from your hotel by a modern air-conditioned private vehicle to Catherine, transfer to your hotel & overnight in Catherine Sinai

Day 6: St. Catherine / Sharm El Sheikh

At early morning approx 02:00 am drink free tea at hotel, then go, via a modern air-conditioned vehicle, to start climbing Moses Mountain to enjoy the sun rise. Then get down & back to hotel for breakfast. Enjoy an excursion to visit Catherine's Monastery burning bush & room of skulls. Then transfer to Sharm El Sheikh by a modern vehicle and overnight in Sharm.

Day 7: Sharm El Sheikh
Day free.

Day 8: Sharm El Sheikh
Free.
Day 9: Sharm El Sheik
Free.
Day 10: Sharm El Sheikh
Free

Day 11: Sharm El Sheikh
Free.

Day 12: Sharm El Sheik / Cairo
Breakfast at hotel, transfer by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to Cairo and overnight.

Day 13: Departure After breakfast, transfer to Cairo airport.
Return to the home country.
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 07:10 AM

Hi

I don't really understand your question (this program better and more expensive than which program?.)

Is this your first time visiting Egypt? Can you give us some more information to work on.
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 08:58 AM

If this is your first trip to Egypt - it doesn't make sense. I didn't do 5+ days in Sharm when I lived in Egypt, so I certainly wouldn't do it as a tourist unless you were REALLY big into diving. And days 5 and 12 are long car drives to/from Cairo/Sinai.

And no Nile cruise or trip to Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simble?

Personally, I think you are missing alot with this itinerary - especially if it is you first visit.
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 10:16 AM

I have to fully agree with Grcxx3.. I would not do this trip,for the same reasons she has given.

And I usually do not agree with Grcxx3 ...oops I am outta here.!!
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 11:23 AM

ha ha, Percy! You're just still upset about that bar tab Debbie and Sunshine and I racked up!!!!!!!
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 01:53 PM

Yes, I am still smarting about that one.!

It is not that you drank the good stuff , but it is how MUCH of the good stuff you all drank.

Next time it is coffee ~o) or tea .

On second thought, it's okay , even though I am still making Mastercard payments.

behave.!
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 02:29 PM

very nice use of emoticons!!! I'm impressed!
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM

I am glad because I was trying very hard to impress you !

Good Night
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 07:46 PM

aawwww!!!! You are so sweet!!!

Well, to be honest, I've been in New Orleans for the past few days enjoying the good food....and it doesn't take much to make me happy!!!

Meanwhile Badawi...I think you need to "re-think" your iinerary. What you have is actually very limited.
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 09:10 AM

Grcxx3 - I'd forgotten about Sunshine. Where is she? Did she move back to Seattle? We haven't heard from her in so long. Anyone know what happened to her?

Percy - I was posting some photos on FaceBook the other day and you were in some of them. One was of you and your friend at Ibn Taloon Mosque. Do you remember being there with me? The other was up in Alex at the Qait Bey fortress. I know you remember being there. Nice memories.

Let's have a drink to that!
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM

Hi Debbie:

I sure DO remember being with you to all the places you took us to in Cairo and also the lovely trip I had with you to
Alexandria.

Yes... were went to the Citadel, Ibn Tulun Mosque, Gayer-Andersen Museum , City of the Dead, Coptic Cairo, Khan El Kahlili Bazaar.. the "Lungs of Cairo" ( lovely park named Al-Azhar)and the places we saw just driving about in Cairo,

like the Taalat Square ( Midan),the Al-Azhar Mosque, July 26 th Bridge, October 6th Bridge , the Cairo Tower and Opera House , the Tahrir Square and many other places.

I remember every place we went to in Alexandria....

If I close my eyes and dream.....I can still feel the mist on my face ,just walking along the Sea at the Montazah Palace.

Badawi: Sorry to hijack your posting ,but I really think you should re-think your intinerary for Egypt.

I think you should hire debbie for a few days whenyou get to Cairo !!!

Bye everyone
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 11:40 AM

Debbie - not sure what happened to Sunshine, but I think I still have her email. I'll drop her a note and see if the acct is still active.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 01:27 PM

Hi Guys

It's lovely to read all your chats about drinking sessions and walks down memory lanes but it seems like every time im in a page you lot are reminiscing. What about the poor sods that are waiting on answers and some help.

Just a thought!

Scotsgirl (who likes a drink like the next man!
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Badawi

Your tour seems to be all up north of Egypt, why dont you try and get some time down in Luxor / Aswan / Abu Simbel. My opinion is that why go all that way and miss out on some of the most spectacular sights in these areas too.

Scotsgirl
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 02:25 PM

Percy, Grcxx3 & Debbie -

still discussing that bar bill You're all too funny!

Badawi -

Don't know from where traveling, but unless from an inland country, can't imagine why someone would visit Egypt to spend all that time on the beach. And, as Grcxx3 mentions, you've got some long drives thru the Sinai.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 02:27 PM

Hey - we give answers and some darn good ones at that! We just "intersperse" the answers with fond memories!!!! You're welcome to join our next get-together!! (Houston - date to be determined - drinks on Percy!)

Actually, I am a little curious about Badawi as this was his/her first and only post on Fodors! I do hope we didn't scare him off....but we all gave the same basic advice....limited itinerary, missing out on some of the highlights of Egypt.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Grcxx3 - yeah I'll give you that they are darn good answers

and if the drinks are on Percy - be prepared Percy - I am Scottish = big bar bill!

Scotsgirl
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM

Hey Scotsgirl....I'm from New Orleans!!!! I bet I can match you!!!!

(How's that credit limit, Percy???? )