Search

Lebanon and Syria

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2000, 09:05 AM
JimJ

Lebanon and Syria

Does anyone have any information about getting from Beirut to Damascus other than by air?... A bus? renting a car? What happens at the border? <BR>Thanks. <BR>JimJ

Old May 16th, 2000, 08:09 AM
michele

We took a cab from Beirut to the border (can't remember the price). Our Lebanese driver flagged down a Syrian driver and negotiated a price from the border to our hotel in Damascus ( about $20). You go through an Exit procedure (passport inspected, forms filled out) from Lebanon then drive a few more miles for an entrance procedure to Syria (passport inspection, more forms). It's nothing exceptional, just the usual bureaucratic <BR>paperwork. The drive was about four hours. Hope that helps. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 17th, 2000, 04:07 PM
michele

Jim, <BR>Another bit of information. If you are arriving in Damascus and heading north to Aleppo and then departing from Damascus, consider flying from Aleppo to Damascus. It's about $15 on Syrian Air , which is located across the street from the Baron Hotel in Aleppo. A cab will cost you at least $60.The bus in very inexpensive, I think it was about $5, but takes about 5 hours. The flight is 45 minutes. Once again, feel free to email me at home for any questions.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 02:13 PM
Sven

Yes, cabs can be expensive. But when travel overland from Amman or Beruit to Damascus, take a service taxi. I took one from Amman to Damascus (3.5 hour including border fomalities) for $6 one-way. The prices were the same from Damascus to Beruit. These are usally old American cars that leave when full. In Damascus the Service Taxi stop is right by Matyr's Square. Sorry not specific on Beruit, but I do know the prices from Damascus to Beruit is fair.

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 09:09 AM
jordan holiday tours

good day from amman/jordan <BR> <BR> pls advise of all what you need ,will guide you with information all the way through <BR> <BR>regards <BR>ali