Last minute Kruger advice

Dec 24th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Last minute Kruger advice

OK Happy Christmas to everyone!!!

Its 21.45 in Ireland and I'm leaving for boxing day to Zambia, Luangwa River Camp. On the 3rd Jan I'll be in Dullstroom and I still haven't arranged accomodation in the Kruger area. MT beds have offered me a deal on Thornybush main camp and Motswari in Timbaveti, I have 4 nights. I have my own rental car, I don't know whether to go for 4 at Thornybush for the luxury, 2 each for variety and possibbly more excitement at unfencenced Timbaveti. Or spend a day at a goverment rest camp to have a go at searching for game ourselves and the rest in Thornybush. Help!!!!!!!
Dec 24th, 2005, 02:37 PM

Yvonne,

I would advise you to go with the 4 nights at Thornybush Main Camp. This will allow you to have a restful conclusion to your holiday, rather than switching places after a couple nights.
Dec 26th, 2005, 05:44 PM

Yvonne,
There's nothing like the thrill of finding your own animals in Kruger!
We stayed (from Australia) six days in 3 different camps ten years ago, and have booked to do the same thing for a week in a couple of months. Every night was like "waiting for Santa" and I could hardly wait for dawn, to get up and go.
No luxury, self-catering, but with your own rental car, you too can have this personal thrill!
Let's know what happened?

Lower Sabie is on the river, Olifants overlooks it. Both good
Apr 13th, 2006, 05:03 PM

Based on Rocco's advice to choose the Thornybush Main Camp, does that mean it is the better choice overall between Thornybush Main Camp and Motswari? Also, if you threw Notten's into the mix -- what order would these three be ranked in? I noted it is sometimes possible to get these three thru MTBeds
Apr 13th, 2006, 09:30 PM

I have never been to any of the places Yvonne enquired about. My recommendation is based off the reputed luxury of Thornybush Main Camp, talking to others whom have visited Thornybush and thought very highly of it, and just for the opportunity to have a relaxing 4 night visit rather than jumping all over the place.

It is worth nothing that Yvonne should have already traveled by now as this post is 3.5 months old.
Apr 14th, 2006, 06:47 AM

Rocco, Thanks for the info

Search this Thread