Laromme Hotel in Jerusalem

Jul 9th, 1999, 07:12 AM
phyllis

Laromme Hotel in Jerusalem

Has anyone stayed at the Laromme Hotel in Jerusalem? Is it really within walking distance to sights to see? How are the accomodations?

Aug 21st, 1999, 10:45 AM
Phyllis

I stayed at the Laromme in 1992. It is a first class hotel, great buffet breakfasts. And it is very close to the gates to the Old City. Good luck!.

Sep 5th, 1999, 05:52 AM
Allan

We recently returned from Israel and stayed at the LaRomme for the second time (the first was in 1990). It is a very nice hotel - nice size rooms, nice bathrooms, cable tv, very nice pool, very friendly staff. It is within a 15 minute walk from Zion Square and Ben Yahuda Street in the New City, but it is a real hike down to the Yaffa Gate and sites in the old city. Your best bet if you stay at the Laromme is to hop in a cab at the hotel and have the cab take you directly to the Yaffa Gate or the Cotel. - they don't turn on the meter but usually charge 15-20 shekels (4-5 dollars US) In the heat of the summer it is definitely worth it. The new Hilton Hotel is closer to both Zion Square and the Old City. If any one has any questions about traveling in Israel, don't hesitate to contact me.

Sep 14th, 1999, 11:02 AM
Debra Silver

The Laromme is nice but the rooms are small. It is not the most centrally located, but it's in a beautiful area, and nothing in Jerusalem is too far away.

Sep 18th, 1999, 08:21 AM
Gary

Phyllis:

I have been to Israel 4 times in the last 3 years and, in Jerusalem, have stayed twice at the Laromme, twice at the Hilton. Overall, I would choose the Laromme. It has a warmer feel than the Hilton, is very nice, and is reasonably located. It is walking distance to Ben Yehuda Street, and is in a very nice neighborhood, but is really just a bit over walking distance to the old city, while the Hilton is just 3 blocks from the Jaffa Gate to the Old City. Neither, though, is within walking distance of most sites, as the sites are spread all over the city. Cabs are cheap and plentiful, though, so no problem. My vote's on the Laromme, even though the Hilton is newer and rooms are nicer.

Search this Thread