Search

Kenya visa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 03:16 AM
A. Boniwell

Kenya visa

Has anyone had recent experience of getting a Kenya visa. How long does it take and does the Embassy take certified checks?

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Dave

My wife and I went to Kenya in June. We got off the plane, went to the visa desk, gave a $100.00 bill, got a visa in 3 minutes.

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 02:18 AM
Gina

We learned that to avoid any delays and lost of passports we would have to send to the Kenyan Embassy to apply for visas the best way is to get them at the airport just the way Dave did. This is what we will do in February. <BR>And having cash with you is important like Davis also stated.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 11:25 AM
Deb

The Visa desk is just before you enter immigation. Just have your $50.00USD in crisp bills and you will have it in a snap. Helps signifcantly if you have exact change - my friend handed them 3 $20 bills and the person behind the desk didn't want to make the change.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 08:51 PM
chris

Just visited Kenya in late October. Also got my Visa at the Nairobi airport. No problem, important to point out if you don't already know, you must have US$. I also downloaded the visa form from the Kenya Embassy website (the one you can mail in) and had it already filled in for them at the airport to save me a bit of time. <BR><BR>http://www.kenyaembassy.com/visa.html