Search

Jerusalem hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 1998, 06:59 PM
Bob Walker

Jerusalem hotel

We are going to be in Jerusalem in late January for 3 or 4 days and would like to stay in a really good quality hotel,one with character and a local feel. Should also be well located. Any suggestions ?

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 07:55 AM
Zwi Schnabel

There are many big and good hotels in Jerusalem, like in any other city. <BR>If you want "Something Special" have a look on the American Colony Hotel <BR>www.americancolony.com

Old Dec 11th, 1998, 04:45 PM
Judy

The American Colony is a charming hotel. When I stayed there I remember that the other guests were from all over the world and quite interesting. Even the food at the hotel is not half bad. <BR> <BR>However, as I remember it, its location does not lend itself to walking alone after dark. At night I would suggest you use taxis that the hotel can call for you. <BR>

Old Dec 18th, 1998, 11:13 PM
Koen

Top of the bill is undoubtedly the King David Hotel. It was built before WW II and has been used by the British as their headquarters in WW II. It was bombed by Israeli Resistance (or terrorists as others would say) under the leadership of former PM Begin. <BR> <BR>However, now it's a fantastic ***** hotel, but you'll also pay the price for that. Count on 300 US$ for a double including an incredible breakfast. Swimming pool, tennis, garden, all at 500 metres from Jaffa Gate. <BR> <BR>A cheaper option is the YMCA next door, charging 120 US$ for a double. <BR> <BR>Check my website for more info <BR>www.1000traveltips.org

Old Jan 7th, 1999, 08:58 PM
Sue

My friend and I went to Jerusalem last year and stayed at Allenby2 B&B. It was convenient and you can really get a feel for the culture and atmosphere. They have a web site. If I had my choice of a "fancy hotel" or Allenby2, there would be not doubt in mind to chose Allenby2. <BR>It is 1 block from bus stop, 2 blocks from main bus station, is a nice residential neighborhood and right across from a park. Need I say more. <BR>I have no financial connections with it but feel obligated to let others know how good it is.