Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Jerusalem,Tel Aviv(Yafo),Cairo or Petra.Any suggestions on Hotels or Restaurants.

Search

Jerusalem,Tel Aviv(Yafo),Cairo or Petra.Any suggestions on Hotels or Restaurants.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 1997, 11:08 AM
dena

Jerusalem area: It all depends upon your price range. The Sheraton Plaza is beautiful, comfortable and around $100 a night. It goes up around very busy times of year and varies on the view. The Days Inn/ Lev Jerusalem is a suite hotel with a poor dairy restaurant, but with full kitchen facilities. That runs about the same price as the Plaza. The King David is in a class by itself, at a very high rate; and towards the lower end is the Gesher house at about $40 including breakfast. If you have any other questions about Jerusalem, please email. Have a good time.

Old Mar 14th, 1997, 09:15 AM
Margie Ives

Just returned from Egypt and Jordan. Mena House in Giza has great food and spectacular view. Rooms are so-so. Also stayed at Semiramis Inter-Contentintal. Very comfortable room, great food. In Petra we stayed at the Movenpick. New hotel, beautifully decorated. Let me know if you need more information.

Old Mar 14th, 1997, 10:48 AM
Margie Ives

Just returned from a trip to Egpyt and Jordan. Stayed at Mena House in Gize near Pyramids. Great view, great food, so-so rooms. Also stayed at Semiramis Inter-Contenintal in downtown Cairo. Very comfortable room. Visited Jerusalem last year but don't remember name of hotel -- it overlooked the Sidron Valley. Beds not very comfortable. Since both trips were with a group, I'm not sure of the rates, although Mena House was posted at $175 per day. Have a great trip.

Old Mar 16th, 1997, 02:55 PM
ruthellen

In Jordan, while visiting Petra, we stayed at a delightful hotel called the Taybet Zalman(sic). This was about 1/2 hour by car from Petra, but was no big deal, because the roads were fine. The hotel is a restoration of a desert caveranserai, including a hamam (bath), and loving re, a gift shop, and craft shop. The place is like a little village unto itself. An excellent, varied buffet dinner was served. The place was a real find, almost a destination in itself. There are hotels within walking distance of the entrance to Petra, but they are much more ordinary.

Old Mar 21st, 1997, 08:03 PM
FERNANDO LOMELI

I WANT GO TO EGIPT. I WANT TO TAKE A RIVER CRUISE. I NEED INFORMATION ABOUT ALL KIND OF WAYS THAT I CAN TRAVEL ARROUN EGIPT. THANKS

Old Apr 23rd, 1997, 10:52 AM
diane babicz

i am planning a trip to israel with a friend in july. any suggestions on cheap flights? we plan to backpack throughout the country and stay at youth hostels and with family.

Old May 7th, 1997, 08:04 PM
Simrin

We stayed at the Moriah Plaza in Jerusalem last year (and in Tel Aviv we stayed in a nice place right on the shore of the Sea but I forgot the name, sorry) The King David in Jerusalem is good but a bit expensive.