Search

Israel Trip

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2020, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Israel Trip

Hello I was scheduled to go to Israel Apr 3, 2020 from my home city NYC. Due to the corona virus I xancelled ky trip and am working home. This is one of my dream destinations. I am a passionate traveler who has decided to possibly move this trip to October or even 2021, or possibly go somewhere warm like Uruguay during that month. I hope life gets back to normal where we can enjoy life and travel. Does anyone possibly think that by that time we might be able to book a trip and travel again. Im from NYC and def feels strange to see how life is now.
Old Apr 5th, 2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by yanksrule
Hello I was scheduled to go to Israel Apr 3, 2020 from my home city NYC. Due to the corona virus I xancelled ky trip and am working home. This is one of my dream destinations. I am a passionate traveler who has decided to possibly move this trip to October or even 2021, or possibly go somewhere warm like Uruguay during that month. I hope life gets back to normal where we can enjoy life and travel. Does anyone possibly think that by that time we might be able to book a trip and travel again. Im from NYC and def feels strange to see how life is now.
Love your user id. My fav team is the Cubs but I have been a Yanks fan since I was a kid and I'm from Chicago. Loved the Mick. Yes its eerily quiet here too. Michigan Ave. is nearly deserted.

We should be up and running by Oct. and that is a good time to go to Israel as it won't be scorching then. We were there late Oct. early Nov. and it was perfect weather wise.

I think it should be ok. It better be. I can't imagine the economic consequences if travel is shut down up till then.

Good luck.

Larry
Old Apr 6th, 2020, 05:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No one has a crystal ball so it's difficult to answer your question. I would not count on traveling anywhere during 2020. They keep saying things could calm down in a month or two and then pick up again in the fall.
Israel is a wonderful country. We were there the in May and the weather was perfect.
Stay safe and healthy.
Old Apr 11th, 2020, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Agree with everyone no one know. The curve is starting to flatten in NYC where i live, lets see what the future holds. Hopefully i can travel if not then 2021.
Old Apr 12th, 2020, 11:13 AM

Putting aside the whole Coronavirus thing (nobody knows how it will play out, and you'd be wise not to take seriously anyone who tells you what "should" happen), early October 2020 would be a bad time to come to Israel. Don't come until at least a few days after the end of Sukkot, which is October 10th. Sukkot is peak travel time in Israel, and everything is really crowded and expensive. Plus there are lots of closures for the holy days of Sukkot. No reason for you to be in Israel during that time.

Mid to late October would be a nice time, though. I suppose you could plan a trip for late October that is entirely cancellable, if that suits your fancy.
Old Apr 12th, 2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by yanksrule
Agree with everyone no one know. The curve is starting to flatten in NYC where i live, lets see what the future holds. Hopefully i can travel if not then 2021.
Good luck sir. I do hope you get there sooner or later. We had a most memorable time there, one of our best trips ever.

Larry

A few pics for you perusal

Masada

Western wall

Old Apr 13th, 2020, 01:06 PM

BTW if and when you go I can give you a link to an excellent tour guide if you like.

All the best.

Larry .
Old Apr 13th, 2020, 02:26 PM

I was there in early May last year.
I spent 5 days in Jerusalem but did tour most of the whole country.

I spent about 3 days in Tel Aviv and Jaffa.

There is never a bad time to go to Israel.

Some people may say , don't go at this time or that time because it is too crowded. !

Jerusalem is always crowded

Some people book to be there specifically at Easter which as you can surmise is a busy time but also the Holiest time to be there.

Good Luck, do a little homework and decide when YOU want to go.