Search

info on Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 01:25 PM
IV

info on Dubai

Can anyone give any opinion on a holiday in Dubai. Will it be too hot in May.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:38 PM
xx

My son is in and out of Dubai at the moment and is having a very nice time. He says it is very like Singapore, he means then it is very clean and tidy, safe and interesting. He does not give accolated very lightly usually as he is travelling a lot and every place seems to bore him to death. So this is a change.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:50 AM
irene

Thanks for the reply xx - that sounds good enough for us, we have already been to Singapore and it met with our full approval. Always good to have another ones opinion. Cheers

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:04 PM
xx

Sorry about my lack of proof reading. He also says that shopping is fantastic and has had us send a number of brochures from home so that he can compare prices. I have used xxx.xxx because he is part of the Defence Forces and cannot be identified in any way. He is not usually interested in shopping either so again this would have to be a first.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 12:50 PM
IV

Thanks again for all the info.Much appreciated.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 03:50 AM
Dan

Hi <BR>I've been living in Dubai for the last 3 years. it is a nice place to visit. The weather is already starting to get hot. The temperature usually remains in the 30C in may. So this will be the beach season.<BR>I went last year to Singapore and it is like Dubai in the sense that it is new, clean and safe. But Dubai isn't as crowded (especially that the shopping festival is over now). And I found that Dubai is less expensive than Singapore, even for the same brands.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Christi in Houston

By all means, go. I lived in Dubai for 6 years and loved it. Beautiful beaches... great restaurants...excellent shopping... Need I say more? Certainly less expensive than Singapore, although drink prices in hotels can really get to your wallet. The Gold Souk is a lot of fun. Be sure and haggle, though as you can always get a better deal than what is originally quoted. Have fun and Masalaama (sp)!