In Nairobi With My Kenyan Fiancee

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, its been so long.I have been so busy with my Taita Fiancee since FEB 2008. Now we are officially ENGAGED! I arrived here 4/2 must head back to Rhode Island 5/2. About 6 months later,my Fiancee soon to be Wife will join me. During these weeks we spent 10 days at: OCEAN SPORTS in WATAMU. Amazing and wonderful place.We will have to go back at some point. We spent a couple of nights at my Fiancee's Grand Ma's place in Taita Hills. To do the family visit and Engagement! Everyone was so happy. These last 2 weeks in Nairobi we had family business to tend to and of course spend time together. While in Nairobi this visit and the last visit in August we were lucky to have a reliable and easy taxi driver-CHEGE MATHEW.He always gives us good price and knows the short cuts. Most of these taxi guys always trying to mess with you.If any one is in Nairobi and needs to get around this is your guy! I will write more later as my Fiancee and I must get going from the Cyber.
Thanks, David and Farida.
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 07:55 AM

David! It’s been a long time indeed since your mysterious disappearance. I hope you haven’t been doing anything bad, except getting engaged. I don’t want to be impertinent, but have you paid dowry? I’m still unmarried. The problem is that Kenyan women are so much nicer than Kenyan men.

Congratulations David and Farida!
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 10:01 AM

Way to go David! Yes, it has been some time since I last saw a post by you. I still recall the sage advice you gave me on Ruaha NP. Best of wishes to you and the young lady. Dick
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 02:56 PM

David,

I've thought about you every now and then over the last couple of years and wondered how things were going for you, if you had gotten back to Africa. What a wonderful turn your life has taken!

The very best to both of you, David and Farida. Congratulations.
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David and Farida, what happy news! Congratulations!
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Hi, thanks everyone-means a lot.about that dowry-touchy subject.i did it my way.more of a gift to her Mom only.it worked out just fine.if its ok i rather not discuss that subject.
farida and i have all what we need to file my petition for her to come over. next week it will be filed.my family can not wait to meet her.maybe kenyan ladies are nicer than the guys-BUT-you still have to go through BS to find that REAL kenyan lady.i almost gave up on this place for good!ok time to go. maybe i check again friday.i fly out sat eve.
thanks, david
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 10:05 AM

Congrats, David! Good to hear from you again.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 11:20 AM

CONGRATS on your engagement Tuskerdave! Should we call fiancee TuskerFarida?
Old May 3rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Hi, back in Rhode Island and not happy about it!I have shown my Fiancee this thread while there. She was liking it so much.
Now all I need to do is make a few copies of some papers. Send my petition off for the Fiancee visa!My niece had texted me in Kenya Sat asking: uncle D when is Farida coming here?
So, everyone is looking forward to it.Wow-has my life turned up side down for sure.Glad I hadn't bailed on Kenya when I was about to.
Believe me-I had reasons.
Thanks, David
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM

Welcome to the US to Farida!
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:07 AM

Maisha marefu!
Old May 6th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! Oh, I have a new driver for around town these days.My so-called FRIEND I dont bother with since my april visit last year.
thanks, david
Old May 6th, 2009, 03:31 PM

Sorry to learn about your friend and the truck. Trade a driver, gain a wife. On balance, you win!
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

hi lynn,wow great way to think of it-THANKS! its very ok any way-we have a good easy to deal with taxi guy for around town-dont intend to get close anymore.
i am sure with members help here when it is time for farida and i to go back and visit family and a small safari. we could get hooked up with a safari driver.again-not intending to get close again.its not worth it.just have the guy do his job and thats it!call it a day.damn-i could go on and on.
that part of my life i am glad to say is over with.looking and thinking back these last 4yrs or so with the same driver-man-its a curse being a libra at times.
tough NOT to be too social.
any ways-thanks, david

thanks, david
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM

I <u>fully</u> understand your Libra curse comment.

Maybe that helps explain why I made the "on balance" remark.