Hotels with view of Pyramids?

Jan 6th, 2000, 03:08 AM
Margarita

Hotels with view of Pyramids?

We will be in Cairo for 2 days only and would like to stay in a hotel which offers a view of the Pyramids. The Mena House is fully booked. Any recommendations or names of hotels with views would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Margarita

Jan 6th, 2000, 06:03 AM
Dianne

The Sofitel le Sphinx looked very nice. I saw the lobby and pool area (with pyramid view) while waiting for some people who were staying there. They said their room was very good. It's further from the pyramids than Mena House, but I believe it costs less too. It'll be my choice if I get back to Egypt.

Jan 9th, 2000, 01:05 AM
Margartia

Dianne,
Thanks for the tip. We are trying to decide whether to book a room in Cairo or out by the Pyramids. We will only be in Cairo for 2 days and since it is our first time, location and convenience are important factors to consider. Not sure how long or how easy it is to get back and forth.
Where did you stay?
Margarita

Jan 10th, 2000, 11:10 AM
Dianne

In 1995, I stayed at the Mena House. In 1996, I stayed at the Marriott. The Marriott wasn't really convenient to anything. If I were to stay in the city center again I might choose the Nile Hilton which is right next to the Egyptian museum. I found central Cairo to be too smoggy. It wasn't as nice sitting by the pool when the pollution obscures 1/2 the sunlight. If I used my imagination, I could kind of almost make out the pyramids in the far distance. Getting around by cab in the center was easy and cheap. I guess you'll want to see the pyramids and the museum and the islamic sights and bazaar, so you'll have a longish cab ride no matter where you stay. Personally, I would rather see the pyramids outside my window than a bunch of high rises. There will be no shortage of taxis or day tours. Don't forget to agree on a price first.

Jan 11th, 2000, 05:38 PM
Bill

Just returned from Cairo and happened upon the Conrad Hilton. Centrally located 8 months old and absolutley fantastic service. If you book mention my name to Wael or Amed on the concerge desk and they will take good care of you

Search this Thread