Search

Hotels in Israel - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2000, 09:34 AM
keith

Hotels in Israel - HELP!

Can anyone please give me information on this hotel/apartments? Do you recommend it? The Andromeda Hill Hotel in Jaffa Tel Aviv, Israel. Or can you recommend others in either Jeursalem or Tel Aviv... <BR> <BR> Thanx! <BR> keith

Old May 7th, 2000, 10:46 AM
Christopher

Two good hotels to consider: <BR>The Dan Tel Aviv, and The King David. Also Hyatt has some great hotels over there.

Old May 12th, 2000, 01:12 AM
Merry

I just returned from 10 days in Israel. In Jeruslalem, the best hotels are the King David, Laromme, Sheraton Plaza, Dan Panorama. We stayed at the King David, and it was terrrific. <BR> <BR>In Tel Aviv, we stayed at the Sheraton Towers and the Dan. The Sheraton is nicer and newer than the Dan, but they are renovating their lobby now. Try the Sheraton's website for good prices. That's what we did.

Old May 12th, 2000, 03:15 AM
Judy

If you're thinking about a suite/apartment hotel, you might consider Lev Yerushalayim Hotel in Jerusalem. We've stayed there twice - the last time several years ago. It's very centrally located on King George Street and all rooms have a separate (albeit small) living/dining area with kitchenette. The website is: http://www.royalplazaisrael.com/lev.html .

Old May 12th, 2000, 05:54 AM
Ada

Keith, <BR>All the hotels mentioned are very good hotels but on the high price side. Let me know if you are interested in more moderately priced accomodations, and I will try to help you. <BR>I live in Israel and will be happy to assist in any way. <BR>Ada

Old May 16th, 2000, 02:52 AM
Lori

The David InterContinnental is a new hotel that is probably not in any of the guides. In my opinion much nicer than the Sheraton which is have some renovation currently. There is a nice hotel called the Arbria (sp?) suites on Geula. Can see the beach, but shouldn't have as high of a price as others mentioned here.

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 11:51 AM
Sharon

Can somebody recommend good B&Bs in Jerusalem? Also some moderately priced hotels in Tel Aviv and Eilat. Thank you. Shar

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 12:04 PM
Ada

Sharon, <BR>For B+B in Jerusalen try the following site: <BR>www.bnb.co.il <BR>Ada

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 07:27 PM
Lee

Keith & Sharon, <BR>We have reservations at the City Hotel in Tel Aviv. Details on the Fodors lodging search site - one of their red star choices. Very close to the water without paying the high prices. We got an internet price of $114 including all taxes & a breakfast that is rated very highly in all guides. Very effecient & professional to deal with during the reservation process. They are part of the Atlas Hotel chain - [email protected]. Request an upper floor room for a water view. Happy travels.

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 03:03 AM
Tom

Has anyone heard of the seven arches hotel? <BR> <BR>tom

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 02:12 PM
RC

A nice, reasonably-priced hotel in Jerusalem is the Best Western Hanagid. I've stayed there twice, most recently this spring, and was very satisfied. It was about $106 per night for a double. The hotel is located about a 15 min. walk from the Old City, and just 5 min. from Zion Square. Very clean, quiet, and safe. <BR> <BR>The Jerusalem Tower is also good, though I haven't stayed there for three years so my info isn't as current. <BR> <BR>In Tel Aviv, the Maxim is another reasonbly-priced, centally-located, clean and quiet option. It's about a block from the Mediterranean Sea. I've stayed there twice as well. <BR> <BR>One time I stayed at a hotel in Tel Aviv called The Top. Maybe my experience was atypical, but the room was dark, cramped, and faced an alley. I didn't think it was worth the money. <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 04:03 PM
Lori

We stayed at St. Andrew's Guest House in Jerusalem. It is run by the church of Scotland, I believe. Very nice. Good breakfast. It is near the old city and very centrally located. Near bus line, etc. Had access to internet so we could check our e-mail. Even got the laundry done for a nominal price.

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 05:22 PM
Myra Ford

The Andromeda Hill is not near the beach strip in Tel Aviv. It is between Tel Aviv and Jaffa. We passed it driving from Tel Aviv to Jaffa and I was glad we had not stayed there because we enjoyed the night life at the beach in Tel Aviv. Very beautiful and restful and SAFE to go in the water at night in that area. We stayed at the Abratel Suites for $123 a night through Travelmania and we were very happy. It is a new, small, luxury suite hotel. <BR>It is at the southern end of the beach night club area one block from the Opera Tower Mall. <BR>In Jerusalem we stayed at the Mt. Zion hotel and kept congratulating ourselves on our good luck! Perfect location, great room (we requested a good view and got a view of Mt.Zion and the old City from our ample room) beautiful grounds and a great breakfast. We stayed there 9 nights in August and couln't have been happier. It cost around $125 through Travelmania, an online agency with great prices. <BR>I hope this helps. Have Fun <BR>