Getting to Airport from Jerusalem

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2023, 10:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

We are staying in Jerusalem. We have an Austrian Air flight that leaves at 6 am on a Monday morning. What time do I need to leave Jerusalem to get to the airport? Will I be able to get a taxi in the middle of the night? Do I arrange one in advance? Any idea of the fare? Thanks.
would it make sense to spend the last night near Ben Gurion airport?
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yestravel
We are staying in Jerusalem. We have an Austrian Air flight that leaves at 6 am on a Monday morning. What time do I need to leave Jerusalem to get to the airport? Will I be able to get a taxi in the middle of the night? Do I arrange one in advance? Any idea of the fare? Thanks.
would it make sense to spend the last night near Ben Gurion airport?
Israel doesn't have "airport hotels" and many flights depart at wee hours of the night -- and everyone just gets to the airport from their Tel Aviv or Jerusalem hotel (FYI: despite the airport code TLV, the airport is equidistant between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, so staying in Tel Aviv doesn't do any good). The standard recommendation is to arrive 3 hours ahead. So I'd plan on leaving the hotel at 2am. Are you staying at a hotel? They should be able to call you a taxi. If not, there are apps like Gett that you can use to order a taxi.

Not sure on the fare, but if you're price sensitive, Nesher Sherut (shared taxi) is a good option.

TripAdvisor forums will have more detail.

Last edited by LAX_Esq; Feb 20th, 2023 at 01:53 PM.
Old Mar 9th, 2023, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
Israel doesn't have "airport hotels" and many flights depart at wee hours of the night -- and everyone just gets to the airport from their Tel Aviv or Jerusalem hotel (FYI: despite the airport code TLV, the airport is equidistant between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, so staying in Tel Aviv doesn't do any good). The standard recommendation is to arrive 3 hours ahead. So I'd plan on leaving the hotel at 2am. Are you staying at a hotel? They should be able to call you a taxi. If not, there are apps like Gett that you can use to order a taxi.

Not sure on the fare, but if you're price sensitive, Nesher Sherut (shared taxi) is a good option.

TripAdvisor forums will have more detail.
Thanks! Just to close the loop for anyone with a similar question. We were in an apt and planned to use GETT app for a taxi. One of our drivers during our stay in Jerusalem was willing to take us at 2:00 am for 300NIS to the airport. About 50-60NIS less than using Gett. It worked out fine. That time of night it took about 35 minutes to get to the airport. We breezed through security and immigration is under 30 minutes. Had a lot of time to hang out at the airport.
Old Mar 27th, 2023, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yestravel
Thanks! Just to close the loop for anyone with a similar question. We were in an apt and planned to use GETT app for a taxi. One of our drivers during our stay in Jerusalem was willing to take us at 2:00 am for 300NIS to the airport. About 50-60NIS less than using Gett. It worked out fine. That time of night it took about 35 minutes to get to the airport. We breezed through security and immigration is under 30 minutes. Had a lot of time to hang out at the airport.

Welcome back! Any chance of a trip report or just a rundown of where you went, how you went, and where you ate? Thanks!!!!
Old Mar 28th, 2023, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ekscrunchy
Welcome back! Any chance of a trip report or just a rundown of where you went, how you went, and where you ate? Thanks!!!!
I don't do TRs anymore. I tend to post on FB as my record. If you have specific questions I'd be happy to respond. Are you on FB? If you are msg me and I will send you a friend request and you can follow the trip from there. Its pretty well documented on FB. We started our trip in Egypt and went on to Jordan after 18 days in Egypt which is incredible.

We spent 1 month in Israel crossing over the Jordan border at Eilat. We rented a car except for the end at Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Haifa. We did have some very good meals in those three cities. Some great museums also in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem..