Search

Friendly Planet Egypt Tour?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friendly Planet Egypt Tour?

Has anyone out there go on a Friendly Planet Egypt Tour? They are offering a mixed cruise and land tour that departs in December 2009. Looks good. I have travelled independently in Europe (Italy, Spain, Portugal, etc.), but I am thinking that a tour may be the way to see Egypt. The FP tour looks like a good overview and has an add-on to Jordan (Petra). Has anyone done this? Is it good quality? Please advise. Thanks, in advance.
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 06:41 PM

I went with Friendly Planet to Egypt in March 2008. The trip was great, accomodations good. We did not extend to Petra.
Make sure that you do the optional Abu Simbel tour. You will find that you will probably spend a whole day on the boat with nothing to do but wait to get through the locks but everyone was glad to have a day of rest because we got up very early in the morning and really saw a lot of sites. The trip they offer goes in the opposite direction we ended in Luxor.
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 11:46 AM

i went with egypt-quality-tours.com

they are perfect,even they gave us a choice to go to abusimble by a convoy of 4;00 am or 11;00 they were looking carefuly after every small detales.