Free WiFi

Jan 30th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Free WiFi

We will be staying in the Dan Panorama Hotels in both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. In researching, I noticed they both charge a hefty price for WiFi access. I was surprised by this, because in the US WiFi is standard issue these days..just wondering if anyone knows of free WiFi spots near these two hotels? Thank you so much!
Jan 30th, 2012, 07:29 AM

Most coffee houses and restaurants offer free wifi.
Jan 30th, 2012, 08:02 AM
aby

Hi
1. Agree with mbgg - for a cup of coffee you get wi-fi
2. when sitting in city parks, one can always find some private wi-fi's with no password (esp' near tall buildings)...

3.There should be free Wi-Fi in some boulevards
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...pilot-1.284758

aby

PS at the AirPort there's free WiFi in contrary to some European APs
Jan 30th, 2012, 09:22 AM

Did you double check directly with the hotel? Often there is free wireless access in public areas of the hotel, though they charge for in room access
(In the US, not all hotels give free wireless, I just booked a Hilton and a Marriott, and both charge for in room internet The lower level hotels, like Marriott Courtyard typically give free internet access in the room, but sometimes it's wired, not wireless)

Also, sign up for Dan Hotels club if you haven't already. It's free and you usually get a small gift and other perks
Jan 31st, 2012, 06:49 AM

HI! I have stayed at the hotel in Jerusalem and there is NO free wifi. Across the street and 1/2 block away is Cup of Joe, coffee shop. They have free wifi and for the cost of a cup of coffee you can sit for hours! ( but don't waste your vacation doing that)

Search this Thread